Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really bad rabies anxiety- bat bite when napping but didn't see or hear one afterward

Re: Really bad rabies anxiety- bat bite when napping but didn't see or hear one after

I've also been tensing my knee and leg a whole lot as I've been worrying so that's probably contributing to the discomfort

Re: Really bad rabies anxiety- bat bite when napping but didn't see or hear one after

Yes, it's a wound site for whatever reason (the bang during rock climbing being an obvious culprit) so if you disturb it the nerves are going to tell the brain their is pain. Just like any wound if you poke or prod it. It's tender.

Then there is the focusing issue with anxiety. Anything you focus on always becomes more defined in the mind so you feel more. This is a part of the battle for us as we have to learn how to just let things be without adding to them.

Don't kick yourself, I think you've done well in working through this and it's hard to learn to accept anxiety symptoms to let them pass so you'll get there.

The anxious mind loves running away with itself in playing scenarios obsessively back & forth. Try not to let this suck you in. Discard the irrational and accept the rational but then try to let go and get on with your day.

I always remember early on in learning Mindfulness where Professor Mark Williams talks in one of his books about how we have a DOING mode and BEING mode. Too much time in DOING mode is how anxious minds work and that mode is for problem solving but much of what we experience in anxiety is just too big for it and it's trying to micro manage everything. Whereas BEING mode is more powerful and can observe, accept, etc. Things like this helped me with my OCD.

So, be wary of having too much thinking time. Healthy activities give us breaks.

That happened over a month ago. I'm now feeling this stuff in my leg. But yeah I'm pretty sure I'm just hyperfocusing on the area and intensifying the discomfort.

Idk if this is a little late, and I'm new to the site anyways so cut me some slack😂.

I have this exact same fear, right now actually. I have had rabies anxiety/ OCD for about a year now and I know exactly how you feel: you feel like you have no control over your mind and logic doesn't work to refute the thought.

I am currently scared of two little scabs on my knee. I know it probably was the cause on me not remembering hitting my knee outside or something like that, but logic makes no sence at all, so trust me, take it from someone who actually has this thought at this very moment.

To fix this, the best solution is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to start at least. If it gets worse talk to a psychiatrist and ask if trying a medicine would be a better solution( I tried a medicine and it was a miracle for me!!). But whatever you do, don't try to get reassurance from a friend or family member that you are ok. This worsens the fear and you will never stop seeking reassurance because this is and irrational thought that is not consistent with reality.

Hope I could help, even if I'm late👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information