Thread: 2 Week Holter Results

2 Week Holter Results

I recently received my 2 week Holter results.

The Dr. said everything looked completely normal and read over the report with me.

There were a bunch of terms I didn't understand with normal or none noted such as runs sustained, dispersion etc.

However it was noted there was extremely limited isolated (those exact words) PAC and 1 ventricular event (couplet). It was noted that the events did not line up with my diary or symptoms.

So in my mind what I have been feeling are PACs or are not cardiac related - however coincidentally the monitor has picked up a ventricular couplet during the 2 weeks - is this dangerous?

On one hand I feel relieved as my palpitations are looking to either not be caused by my heart or are benign PACs or some combination of the 2 - however the couplet has me almost as worried as before...

Re: 2 Week Holter Results

What do your PAC's feel like? Sometimes I get short of breath for a second or feel a flip flopping in my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    What do your PAC's feel like? Sometimes I get short of breath for a second or feel a flip flopping in my chest.
    Since I’m exclusively feeling PACs ( im very shocked as even the dr thought pvcs at first visit)

I’m also not sure what are PACs and what are phantom palpitations since most of my diary entries mustn’t have lined up with anything.

Mine feel like either a brief kick dead centre in my chest if triggered by a deep breath or bending over or it im absolutely still a few flutters then a kick.

What I’ve learned from this is you can’t tell anything by what it feels like in your chest there isn’t a more useless diagnostic th n what you feel in your chest so take comfort in that. In my case I was absolutely positive would have bet my life that some of these were my heart. I was also convinced they were PVCs. Which apparently I got 1 and didn’t feel?

What’s more is I had the symptoms of about 2 years worth of palpitations and flutters in 2 weeks and the docs just shrugged and said normal.

I've been recorded 15 thousands PAC+PVC, bigeminy, trigeminy, couplets and the likes... and been told it was harmless for my healthy heart.
    It was 14 months ago and I'm still alive, having PVC and PAC (but rarely so many) any day and weekly A-fib.
    It's really hard thinking it's safe, but it is.
    Last edited by Belge du sud; 11-01-18 at 05:18. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Belge du sud View Post
    I've been recorded 15 thousands PAC+PVC, bigeminy, trigeminy, couplets and the likes... and been told it was harmless for my healthy heart.
    It was 14 months ago and I'm still alive, having PVC and PAC (but rarely so many) any day and weekly A-fib.
    It's really hard thinking it's safe, but it is.
    Luckily I have another appointment in a month (starting something for my anxiety). I am wondering about the terminology used. The report said “ones ventricular couplet”. So I am wondering if it meant s ventricular couplet. I guess it depends how dr speak? Would they have called it a pvc couplet? Is the S a typo? I also find it odd I get no pvcs for 2 weeks and then one couplet. Would it not make more sense it was a supra ventricular couplet?

Does that mean I am at risk for a fib instead?

The thing with palpitations of any kind, be it ectopics or fast heart rate is that they are benign in a structurally normal heart.

Sometimes I think there are so many factors when it comes to the heart that it would actually be more unusual to find someone who NEVER gets them.

With this being an anxiety forum, I'd be willing to wager that 9 out of 10 people on this forum have some form of heart related symptoms.

Pregabalin 300mg

Quote Originally Posted by helpme47 View Post
    Luckily I have another appointment in a month (starting something for my anxiety). I am wondering about the terminology used. The report said “ones ventricular couplet”. So I am wondering if it meant s ventricular couplet. I guess it depends how dr speak? Would they have called it a pvc couplet? Is the S a typo? I also find it odd I get no pvcs for 2 weeks and then one couplet. Would it not make more sense it was a supra ventricular couplet?

Does that mean I am at risk for a fib instead?
    AFAIK A-fib and ectopics are different things. But people prone to A-fib tend to notice their ectopics may often trigger A-fib attacks. I don't believe ectopics necessarily lead to A-fib.

Thread Information