View Poll Results: What medicine helped you the most ?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • EFFEXOR

15 5.26%
  • CITLOPRAM

60 21.05%
  • ESCITALOPRAM (LEXAPRO/CIPRALEX)

24 8.42%
  • LORAZAPAM

12 4.21%
  • FLUXATINE

19 6.67%
  • SEROXAT

35 12.28%
  • AMITRIPTYLINE

10 3.51%
  • VENLAFAXINE

8 2.81%
  • CLOMIPRAMINE

10 3.51%
  • FLUVOXAMINE

1 0.35%
  • PROMAZINE

0 0%
  • PROPRANALOL

34 11.93%
  • VALIUM

57 20.00%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What Medicine Helped You ?

Re: What Medicine Helped You ?

I voted Valium as the meds I take aren't listed in the poll

Hi

I voted Seroxat because it worked for me so well the first time around. I'm afraid I have no faith in the medication now because it refused to work for me second time around.

Diazepam has helped me to a degree on the anxiety side.

I am now on Venlflaxine/Effexor and it has certainly helped the anxiety no doubt about that - however it doesn't seem to have helped the depression as well as I had hoped.

JIMBO - what dosage of Venla are you on. Hope you well matexx

Mirry - A good website to go to is www.askapatient.com this will give you detailed reviews of people's experiences on medications. The other website to have a look at is the American one Crazymeds. This has detailed info about all the meds.

I have to say though, as many others have, these meds work differently on everyone. The way I look at it is that we don't all have the same blood group, for example, we are all very different both psychologically and bodily.

Take care.

PS HOPE IT WAS OK TO MENTION THOSE WEBSITES

Hi Yvonne,
    You've had nearly exact same treatment and experience as me. Seroxat worked wonders for me but it stopped working so I had to change to somethign else. I'm now on Effexor like you as well, and I'm already noticing some benefits despite it being so early but this could be because Sertraline was never working for me. I wouldn't say Effexor has had the same the level of instant results as Seroxat for me or even to the same level of improvement, but it's the only one since Seroxat that has showed some benefits.

I may go back to Seroxat if I'm not satisfied with Effexor - but like you experienced it may not work as good the second time round (which I am in fear of). Plus, Seroxat although very beneficial and fast acting when I took it, the weight gain is more prominent than the rest of the SSRIs (which is another worry of mine).

Oh the joy of meds.

Hi
    I am taking that, just wondered what you are taking it for?

Sharon

Question Re: What Medicine Helped You ?

Im on mirtizipine and propanalol (sp)

mirtizipine helped massivly with depression, but nothing is helping my anxiety really, propanalol reduces my heart palpitations.

vote saxon
    XBOX LIVE: doomey

I took Clomipramine for 8 years and it helped so much but then just stopped working. I have no idea why - and I don't think my psychiatrist does either.
    Have started Citalopram but not working yet. Having a terrible time - on 30mg, been on for 2 1/2 weeks now.

Hi Faverin Fluvoxamine helped me 15 years ago this July , the downside is i cant come off it , long story, anyhow the American name for it is Luvox it was prescribed back then for ocd and depression suffers .

I take dothiepin and lithium. The lithium helps my condition tremendously. I was taking mirtazapine last year and briefly tried duloxetine. None of these drugs are listed in the poll. The dothiepin is sedating and helps with my anxiety. Lithium is a mood stabiliser and helps with my chronic recurring depression.

Lamictal has been my saving grace... I also take alprazolam for a rescue medication when in a panic attack. But the Lamictal (which now comes in generic, but my doctor won't prescribe the generic bcuz some people have reactions to the coating. It's the same medication, but the coating is different, she says) has been the only medication that has always worked for me.

Take care,
    drchic

Had depression last year and used citalopram. I was better in about 10/12 weeks. This year I went to locum gp and she said I had anxiety and gave me cipralex to take if I didnt improve in 4 weeks!!! Needlesstosay I didnt and started cipralex. Then I went back to usual gp who said she would've given me citalopram as I have been on cipralex for 20 weeks without a substantial breakthrough!!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information