View Poll Results: What medicine helped you the most ?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • EFFEXOR

15 5.26%
  • CITLOPRAM

60 21.05%
  • ESCITALOPRAM (LEXAPRO/CIPRALEX)

24 8.42%
  • LORAZAPAM

12 4.21%
  • FLUXATINE

19 6.67%
  • SEROXAT

35 12.28%
  • AMITRIPTYLINE

10 3.51%
  • VENLAFAXINE

8 2.81%
  • CLOMIPRAMINE

10 3.51%
  • FLUVOXAMINE

1 0.35%
  • PROMAZINE

0 0%
  • PROPRANALOL

34 11.93%
  • VALIUM

57 20.00%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What Medicine Helped You ?

Re: What Medicine Helped You ?

hi im hoping someone can help or give some advice...
    I started taking cipralex around 7 months ago for panick attacks and GAD...I was only given 5mg as i had bad experiences with a couple of other anti depressents, however Cipralex seemed to work with little side effects apart from stomach discomfort/distubance, dizzyness, headaches and fatigue (trust me after having tried Citralopram the above side effects are nothing compared to what that horrible pill put me through)...
    My panic did settle however i develped health anxiety aswell as GAD and gradullay have slipped into depression...im not going well at all....i went back to my docs who advised to increase dosage but i was sooo reluctent so he offered to give me CBT and councelling instead, neither of these have helped and so i agreed to increase dosage but only to 10mg for now....ive been on 10mg for around 3-4 weeks and i didnt think i would experience side effects as the product is already in my system however i think i am???

Is this normal to have side effects when ur dosage is increased??? Im tired, stomach upset, a lot more anxious and panicky...constantly feel as though my heart is in my throat, my hands shake a lot and i get dizzy spells...its strange..i though i'd left all of this behind???

And im really annoyed that my Dr who is actually pretty damn good, has never really explained anti depressents and there side effects not even the first time around last yr, i had to find all the information by going on forums such as these, thankgod!!

AD's can be really nasty pills, i can understand y ppl r reluctent to take them, if i'd have known the side effects i dnt think i would either, the side effects r what caused me to feel ill therefor feeding the health anxiety which has trebled since taking these pills!!

soory for rambling just one more question??
    when should i expect to feel the effects of the increase?

Thankyou

Where's Sertraline? Sertraline helped me

i would of said promazine as i have noticed if i miss a dose i am really out of sorts and unable to manage daily activites

Hi guys

Just looking at the Poll. I noticed that for all the slagging Seroxat gets, it scored very high in the Poll. I've always found it a great drug

Bexie

Lexapro is the best for me.

I tried citalopram a few years ago and it did nothing. Its just different for every person. Each person is different and one medication can't help us all.

My doctor almost gave me valium the other day because shes so worried about me. But she didn't want to have get me off it so she decided against it. Seems to be the aussie thing. Whenever I think valium I think america. teen kids on valium. eh. hahaha.
    xx

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea24 View Post
    hi im hoping someone can help or give some advice...
    I started taking cipralex around 7 months ago for panick attacks and GAD...I was only given 5mg as i had bad experiences with a couple of other anti depressents, however Cipralex seemed to work with little side effects apart from stomach discomfort/distubance, dizzyness, headaches and fatigue (trust me after having tried Citralopram the above side effects are nothing compared to what that horrible pill put me through)...
    My panic did settle however i develped health anxiety aswell as GAD and gradullay have slipped into depression...im not going well at all....i went back to my docs who advised to increase dosage but i was sooo reluctent so he offered to give me CBT and councelling instead, neither of these have helped and so i agreed to increase dosage but only to 10mg for now....ive been on 10mg for around 3-4 weeks and i didnt think i would experience side effects as the product is already in my system however i think i am???

Is this normal to have side effects when ur dosage is increased??? Im tired, stomach upset, a lot more anxious and panicky...constantly feel as though my heart is in my throat, my hands shake a lot and i get dizzy spells...its strange..i though i'd left all of this behind???

And im really annoyed that my Dr who is actually pretty damn good, has never really explained anti depressents and there side effects not even the first time around last yr, i had to find all the information by going on forums such as these, thankgod!!

AD's can be really nasty pills, i can understand y ppl r reluctent to take them, if i'd have known the side effects i dnt think i would either, the side effects r what caused me to feel ill therefor feeding the health anxiety which has trebled since taking these pills!!

soory for rambling just one more question??
    when should i expect to feel the effects of the increase?

Thankyou

As for the when question, I cant really answer that. Probably about a week. Thats how long it takes for me but Im on lexapro.

Im thinking your on the wrong dosage sweetheart.. The same thing happend to me when I started to take lexapro. I was on 5mg and was still having lots of side effects and anxiety. Saw the doc who said I needed to REDUCE my mg. I was like no, you must mean INCREASE? But no. He was right. I took it down to 2mg, then up to 3mg and im happy at 3mg. Well, not happy happy, but the effects are good and the side effects are very managable. Mostly. hahahaha.

It is VERY normal to feel increased side effects as your dosage goes up. Even if you have been taking the pill for a year, then increase it, the side effects can still come back and effect you.

Just stick with it and you will find your dosage. xx

FEAR is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information