Like anything, everyone has their coping mechanisms, a ciggy or a glass of wine when stressed, or maybe an escape to the gym or a packet of sweets, this in theory is what benzos and other substances can be like, i am pretty sure anything that makes us feel abit better can be Psychologically addictive. Benzos are obviously very addictive in general, but i think from observation and personal experience people with multiple mental health issues are at far greater risk than someone who has the occasional panic attack or trouble sleeping because its finally a miracle that gives them relief from the emotional pain they constantly suffer with.

I dont find my self to be an addictive personality, i smoked for a few years daily however quit cold turkey and will be a year quit next month, other than a bad sweet habit, i rarely drink and when i do its never to access and do not take any drugs recreational, however one of my panics got so bad i had to go to hospital and they gave me a 10mg valium. i had never taken them before and whilst i heard the name i had no clue what they were but since that day, i have had them on my mind every single day of my life from thast one pill, ONE and that was about 6 months ago. for the first time in so long something that just stops panic, but not only that made me feel better, i didnt care about anything all my depression just paused, i had to get more, since then i have been prescribed small doses here and there (where i am from benzos are almost never prescribed anymore other than for alcohol withdrawal in rehabs so i do consider myself a very lucky individual but even still, i wont get them for life and when i do its a handful a month, but i can guarantee if i got more i would be physically depended, the reason i dont take them regularly is because i know i will run out and have nothing to stop the attacks or the pain bit i literally think of them everyday the same way i crave sweets, its strange because these drugs are manipulative, you go into them saying im only going to have one because i know how addictive they are, but once you take it that goes and you want to just increase the feeling it gives you so you grab another, its seriously insane please dont call me crazy, i think it might really just be because i have suffered so long and to finally have something that made me feel better its no wander i want more but i just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same?