Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopping mirtazapine

Stopping mirtazapine

So 8 days ago I reduced my mirtazapine to 15mg and added Wellbutrin ... today I stop mirtazapine altogether... other than anxiety and a bit of a low mood it’s been ok. Anyone quit or cross tapered like this before? Any advice let me know

Cheers guys

Re: Stopping mirtazapine

Hi there, I have been taking 30mg mirtazapine for 7 weeks now. It has helped me a lot with my sleeping issues but I would like to come off the medication or at least reduce it to 7.5-15mg as I feel extremely tired and drowsy during the day. Are you having any sleeping issues after tapering to 15mg? I read in another thread you were also taking quetiapine. Are you on this medication while tapering mirtazapine? Thanks

Does Buspar/buspirone have withdrawal symptoms??

Like the topic says.... if I was to stop taking it would I have any withdrawals? I want to simplify my med regime and this isn’t doing anything for me anymore

Help!

So.... I have tapered off of 30mg mirtazapine over a period of 8 days.... And wow! The adrenaline surges I can feel in my body, the panic, the trembles and shakes. I obviously have reduced to quick! Anyonelese got experience with this?? I’m going to reinstate at 15mg... for a week or so.

Peoples experiences and views are welcome

Re: Help!

How long were you on it? That's a very fast taper. You've dropped a couple of therapeutic dose levels there.

I would look at a much slower taper and be mindful of the half life in ensuring you at least stabilise your blood plasma levels before moving down further (although I would take longer than that to see how I adjust).

Re: Does Buspar/buspirone have withdrawal symptoms??

It's not supposed to as far as I know. But I would be wary of withdrawing multiple drugs at the same time just so I knew which was doing what.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How long were you on it? That's a very fast taper. You've dropped a couple of therapeutic dose levels there.

I would look at a much slower taper and be mindful of the half life in ensuring you at least stabilise your blood plasma levels before moving down further (although I would take longer than that to see how I adjust).
    I have been on it since August 2016, I was on 30mg and reduced to 15mg for a week then 0mg and I have only got in to trouble yesterday really and today’s been a rough ride with pure adrenaline and anxiety. I’m going back up to 15mg and still going to cross taper with bupropion.

Do you know how quick withdrawal symptoms go away? I need this adrenaline gone as it’s impacting my driving and everything

I would be looking at months not days to come off 8 days is way to quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    I would be looking at months not days to come off 8 days is way to quick.
    It was My psychs suggested taper unfortunately so I just went with it and bang! Hit me like a bitch

Reinstate after 8 days

Hi so.... as you may have read I have been having some trouble reducing mirtazapine and my depression and anxiety are going crazy. I have spoke to my psych and he has said about going back up to stabilise. I will re start the dose I was stable at which is 30mg. Million dollar question how quick will I stabilise ?? I am feeling very panicky and low right now...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information