Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should I act at ophthalmologist appointment?

Re: How should I act at ophthalmologist appointment?

An Opthalmologist is an eye surgeon, an optometrist isn't. So I would say an Opthalmologist would know every disease of the eye there is to know....as well as every benign condition too.

Tell him/her everything you've told us and don't doubt what he/she tells you. They're the top people for your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    An Opthalmologist is an eye surgeon, an optometrist isn't. So I would say an Opthalmologist would know every disease of the eye there is to know....as well as every benign condition too.

Tell him/her everything you've told us and don't doubt what he/she tells you. They're the top people for your eyes.
    I’m worried he’ll find nothing wrong with my eyes or glasses prescription and just dismiss me. This has happened to me many times with other doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebo View Post
    I’m worried he’ll find nothing wrong with my eyes or glasses prescription and just dismiss me. This has happened to me many times with other doctors.
    Well in all honestly, if there is something there to be found, he is the best person to discover it....

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    Well in all honestly, if there is something there to be found, he is the best person to discover it....
    I’ve just heard ophthalmologists are bad at refracting since they’re more focused on health. So far I just assume I have healthy eyes with a bad glasses prescription and maybe suffer from migraines.

But why the referral then? I am not sure what you mean when you say they are more focused on health, they specialize in eye and vision care so your certainly seeing the best doctor where your eyes are concerned...

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

When is your appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Careful1 View Post
    But why the referral then? I am not sure what you mean when you say they are more focused on health, they specialize in eye and vision care so your certainly seeing the best doctor where your eyes are concerned...

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

When is your appointment?
    Health is testing for glaucoma and stuff. Refracting is testing for glasses. Testing for glasses is what I want. My glasses feel too weak, so my eyes feel strained. My appointment is in two days.

It went terribly. They didn’t know shit. Now my mom is taking me less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebo View Post
    Health is testing for glaucoma and stuff. Refracting is testing for glasses. Testing for glasses is what I want. My glasses feel too weak, so my eyes feel strained. My appointment is in two days.
    So you all you want is an bog standard eye test? I don't know how it works where you are but here you can walk into any high street optician and get one. It costs about twenty quid.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    So you all you want is an bog standard eye test? I don't know how it works where you are but here you can walk into any high street optician and get one. It costs about twenty quid.
    I know. I got this test for free in Canada. I guess my vision problems are all in my head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information