Thread: anxiety about lowering my dose

anxiety about lowering my dose

I am on 50MG of pristiq (for about 5 weeks now). It's making me horribly anxious and I don't need the extra norephenedrine in my body. The doctor said that could be what's causing the uptick of anxiety. So together, we have decided it's best to lower the dose to 25MG. That's what I took for one week until I raised the dose to 50MG.

Today is my first day taking 25MG and i'm anxious about getting withdrawl symptoms. What can I expect to feel? I want to feel positive that the 25MG will help, but it's hard when the anxious mind tells you you'll feel terrible withdrawl symptoms. I do have Klonopin to help me during this transition.
    Thoughts?

Re: anxiety about lowering my dose

I don't know the answer to this because I think everyone experiences things differently. Anticipating withdrawal though will only cause more anxiety. You might find that you come off of it easily. And you've only been on it for five weeks. Also, you have the klonopin to help. It sounds like a good decision to come off of it.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you, Chris. You are so nice to respond to quickly. You are right. I am already anticipating the worst. I don't think it can make me any worse than the current SNRI is making me feel. And it's not like i'm cold turkeying it- just lowering the dose. I hope all goes well, ,and i'll keep posting if I need help.

Yes, I think the tapering off will make it easier. I'm glad your doctor suggested that. I think it will make you feel better getting off of the medication actually. It sounds like it caused increased anxiety. I hope you're feeling better.

Thread Information