Thread: Scared this may be a brain tumor

Angry Scared this may be a brain tumor

I've been trying to see a neurologist for years now it's really starting to piss me off really. Doctors/ therapist not taking me seriously.

I'm scared this may be a brain tumor as this Dp and Dr has gotten worse recently, I keep getting confused and forgetting where I am. Everything is so far away and nothing makes sense anymore.

I want to see a neurologist but I'm scared my new Doctor won't take it seriously and will just write it off as hypochondria. I've already gone to doctor for stomach issues and I just worry she'll think I'm making up things.

I think this is a brain tumor, I've been having more headaches recently I'm dizzy and my sight has been failing me. I can't think straight anymore and it scares me to death.

I can't take this anymore I've been living in a dream since I was a child I want answers. I think by the time I find out it'll be terminal.

If I do have a brain tumor I believe it's too late for me anyway...I just want answers...

This was just a rant I'm sorry...

Unhappy When people don't take you seriously

I am fully convinced that I have a brain tumor I think I'm dying as we speak as I type this.

I have all the symptoms.

Blurry Vision
    Headaches
    Off Balance
    Confusion.

My room mates roll their eyes at me when I mention it, my mom doesn't believe me either and tells me to stop.

I hope there's an after life so I can see their expression when they preform the autopsy and see the tumor in my brain and how wrong they were.

If only I got checked out sooner then maybe I wouldn't be dying as we speak.

I'm scared but there's nothing I can do about it now when doctors won't preform a test on me and keep trying to give me antidepressants instead of trying to get this tumor out of me.

I don't know what to do, my mom is telling me to stop going to doctors because of the bills pilling up but I want to know 100% that I have a brain tumor and I don't care if I go into debt I want to know how much longer I have to live. The way I feel now I say less than a month.

Re: Scared this may be a brain tumor

posts merged

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am guessing you are quite young aren't you?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

and for the record I don't think you have a brain tumour at all - why would you post on an anxiety forum if you didn't think that was the cause?

I'd advise going to the doctor, just to eliminate the doubt. If there's nothing wrong with you, you'll have the reassurance of knowing that and you'll be able to move on. If, God forbid, there is cause for concern, you'll get the medical attention you need and will start treating the issue early on.

I lived with the fear of having a brain tumour for many years, as my DP/DR was really scary, but 18 years later, I'm still here.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Oh! Go and see an optician first maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    and for the record I don't think you have a brain tumour at all - why would you post on an anxiety forum if you didn't think that was the cause?
    I'm not young actually I just turned 30 last month thank you very much, I just came to these forums for some understanding but I guess that's asking for too much...you can just remove my account thanks...

And what do you mean why did I post if I don't think its that at all? I do think it's a brain tumor (which you misspelled by the way) I just wanted someone to understand but yet I get a reply like this...it doesn't matter anymore nothing does just...just remove my content and my account...

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I'd advise going to the doctor, just to eliminate the doubt. If there's nothing wrong with you, you'll have the reassurance of knowing that and you'll be able to move on. If, God forbid, there is cause for concern, you'll get the medical attention you need and will start treating the issue early on.

I lived with the fear of having a brain tumour for many years, as my DP/DR was really scary, but 18 years later, I'm still here.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Oh! Go and see an optician first maybe?
    Thank you for being kind and replying unlike the other comment I received. I expect more from a sites administration but I suppose they're just as messed up as the rest of us...

Please try and not be upset. I don't think Nicola meant her comment to be mean, maybe it just came across a little harsh when you were reading it.
    Often, people type things out in a hurry or in a certain way, and the emotion behind it isn't quite clear.

I understand you're scared, and I'd love to help talk to you more, if you want. We are the same age. I used to have the same worries as you, and in fact, I still sometimes worry if there's something wrong with my brain. Klonopin is the only medication that's ever helped me, tbh.

Like I've said before, seeing an optician might be a good start. Take care

Thread Information