Thread: Any tips for helping me with weight gain/bloating?

Any tips for helping me with weight gain/bloating?

Hi folks, been on Pregabalin 300mg twice a day for about 6 months.
    Its been a great drug for me, i was in some state back them and its really balanced me a bit. Unfortunately though the increase in appetite and bloated stomach is starting to get me down as the change has been quite dramatic.
    I thought about coming off them but they've helped my anxiety so much that I've decided to stay on them and just do things to lose weight like jogging a few times a week and trying to cut out some of the rubbish.
    Thing is part of the weight gain feels as if its water retention or something and my stomach has bloated out to the stage where i almost look pregnant ( for a nearly 40 year old guy its quite a sight) so will jogging help with that or is there anything else i can do to help?

Sorry if this has been asked before and thanks in advance.

Robert

Re: Any tips for helping me with weight gain/bloating?

Jogging is great exercise, but it is said that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise (or similar figures). For example, an 80 kg (175 pounds 12.5 stone) person doing a light jog (12 km/h 7.5 m/h) running a mile (1.6 km) would burn off about 120 calories (510 kJ), which is 1-2 chocolate biscuits! But if you jogged for (say) an hour every day, then it would have a significant effect. Is there a local "run for fitness" group near you? If so, joining them could provide you with lots of tips and support.

Thread Information