Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Disturbances

Hello,
    I'm new here. I came to this site from a link at a panic attack website. I've had the sparkly vision problem before. My eye doctor told me it is an ocular migraine. I get them when I'm feeling stressed or after I've had a panic attack. It was pretty freaky the first few times. It always started out as one sparkly strand across my vision and I could still see it when I closed my eyes and within an hour it would cover almost my entire vision. I could see normal things around it, but for the most part it would cover my vision.
    I'd never heard of it before and no one I know has ever experienced it before. It's nice to hear that it is at least semi-common.
    Airy

Well there you go - nice to know you're not the only one isn't it ?

Hi there

I usd to get this as well at the height of my anxiety, just another horrible symptom.

Take care

Elaine x

to airy - my mum suffers from exactly the same thing, and she has suffered from migraines for ages now. It comes on after she has had a bad day at work or is stressed out. Only thing that shifts it for her is peace and a long nap

Hi everyone. Isn't this site great! I was in a real bad panic last night following 2 episodes of this eye flickering thing. I FREAKED!! I'd never experienced anything like it before and thought the classic 'going blind' and 'brain tumor' stuff too! It was in my left eye and was a cigar shaped patch at the side. It was blurred and flickery and when I looked at apersons face on the T.V, it had a part completely missing - Very scarey when you don't know what's happening. SO glad I'm not the only one...if you know what I mean. Pleased to know it's nothing serious. Thanks!!

feeling very anxious following my 4th 'visual disturbance' in 3 days! It's happened 3 times today. I popped in to the opticians to get some advice today and she said that I was describing a classic migraine, even though I had NO pain but she said she thought it was 'ODD' that I'd had 4 in such a short space of time. This comment has sent my anxiety levels through the window!!!! WHAT is wrong with me? WHY has it happenened now, out of the blue? Please can another sufferer tell me how often they have had attacks like this and how long between? My thoughts are really getting carried away and I'm feeling pretty bad right now - Can someone help?

i first thought migraine on reading your post , do you have eye strain maybe? im sure its nothing else as the optician would have said to go see your doc im sure

fan x

Hi Fan. The optician did say to go to the Dr. I'm going tomorrow p.m. I didnt actually have an eye test as I had to go and pick my daughter up from school but it was when I told her how often I'd had these episodes that she suggested I go to the Dr. I may have eye-strain from being on the computer alot recently. Also been on Proprananol for a week but the chemist says this is given to people to HELP with migraine so unlikely to be a side effect - Grasping at straws...

yeah i bet its eye strain, i found i was getting that for 2 or 3 days then the full blown migraine came along but i got a thing that clips over my pc screen cuts the glare and flicker apparently and so far have been ok, dont worry too much and hope all goes well at the docs tomorrow

fan x

yeah, its a radiation thing, takes the glare out of the screen. Very good. No good if u have a laptop

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information