Thread: heart concerns

heart concerns

Hello i was curious if you can help me out. I know ive posted twice already but im just so damn nervous. Ill try to stop posting so i figured od make one big post on everything im afraid of and maybe i can get some help So ive been in serious anxiety over my heart. So i noticed my heart beat was fast at rest. About 88 to 96 beats per minute. Im starting to check my pulse alot btw. I tested it when i woke up first thing in the morning. It was at around 76 i think. But through outthe day it stays at 88 to 96. Im scared this might be damaging my heart. Im 19 and im around 300 pounds. Im trying to lose weight but i feel so depressed. I feel like im dying. Ive been dizzy for a while now. I went to my doc and ahe things its vertigo. I got a holter 48 hour holter moniter. And she said she noticed skipped beats but nothing to be concerened about. Also i was diagnosed with wolff parkinsons and white syndrome. I got an ablation. My heart still skips and beats fast but my really really fast heart beat hasnt happens since the ablation. I think i also have svt i think that might stand for supraventrical tachycardia. Or severe ventricl tachycardia..i also notice when i wake up from a nap my heart is pounding hard and fast. It has me scared. I guess what im asking is do you think my heart is damaged? Do you think i have heart failure? And do you think im going to die soon, ive been thinking about death alot excepting it might be my time to go.
    The tests that i got done are the following.
    1. Holter moniter
    2. 48 hour holter monitor
    3. Alot of ecg or ekgs more than 4
    4.1 Echocardiagram over a year ago.
    I think 2 chest xrays but they said they were looking at my lunges for fluid. So they might not have checked my heart.

5 ntprobnp i think it checks the levwls of a substance that detects heart failure. The normal is 125. Mune was 228. The doctor at the er said that its fine and if they were concerened they would have brought me back in to the er.

My symptoms are a faster heart beat. I am unbalanced and i do sometimes get slightky nauseas. Hard to focus with my eyes sometimes. And just a lack of interest. I feel so depresed expecting im gonna die soon and i hate it. If you can help me at all id appreciate it so much. Thank you.

Re: heart concerns

Your post is a bit different because you've actually been diagnosed and have a reason for your symptoms. I had to look up wolff parkinsons and white syndrome and that explains your symptoms. While uncomfortable at times for sure, it's very, very if ever serious. Meds can control and ease symptoms.

I get it. Having real medical issues is stressful. At 19yo, this has to be very difficult to deal with. The fact you're here posting about it affirms that. Take it from someone who deals with real physical issues and is old enough to be your father.... Get some real life help to help you better cope with your real physical issues. Ultimately, that will allow you to enjoy your life.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So none of what i described is life threatning? And your recomendinh i get like a therapist?

Quote Originally Posted by markreshetar View Post
    So none of what i described is life threatning? And your recomendinh i get like a therapist?
    In a word... Yes. I'm not a doctor. I just looked up what you were diagnosed with. I would discuss this with your doctor to address your concerns about your physical health and seek therapy to help you better cope with the real physical symptoms it causes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was diagnosed when I was with 20 with SVT, NSVT AND PVCS... I had an ablation as well for my NSVT. In a structally normal heart you really have nothing to worry about but I can certainly relate to the fear of it all...

Try your best not to stress and worry... The more you think about the crazy things your heart is doing, the more you will feel them... I use to feel almost every PVC I had but since I have gotten use to the feelings they aren't as scary. My yearly holter in March of this past year recorded 12,009 PVCS in 24 hours and I noticed only a hand full.

I was at the er about 2 weeks ago in fear that i had heart failure. Even though my nt probnp was elevated she said i dont hVe heart failure Nd i can go home. When i noticed my test was elevated i went back and another nurse or doctor at the er told me if they were concerned they would call me back. Would that be enough to stop worrying? I mean is that enough to get people to realize nothing is wrong? I mean my heart rate at rest ranges so in the morning when i wake up its around 76 to 88 but during the day its around 96 and it scares me. Im afraid its damaging my heart. Whem i was at the er she did mention my heart was fast. If they were concerened would they have said anything else?

Yes, if they were concerned they would have... You are okay... My heart rate runs high as well. During the day it pretty much stays in the 90s and jumps even higher doing light house work but I just accepted it's how my heart is... Something strange for me, when I sleep, my heart rate drops very low. It's been caught on many event monitors and while at the hospital hooked up to moniotors. I remember once my heart flutters sent me to the er around 1am. I fell asleep while waiting on labs. Suddenly 3 nurses and 2 doctors are shaking me like crazy, calling my name telling me to open my eyes as the Dr shines his pen light into them.. They asked me how I was feeling and I said I feel fine and was having a good sleep. The doctor says, well you gave us a scare... Your heart rate dropped down to 28. He was so uncomfortable he wouldn't allow me to go home. I stayed for 3 days and each time I slept my heart rate dropped to the low 30s. Turns out, it's just my normal. I suppose it's relaxing from all the speeding it does during the day lol anyways, I think the point I'm trying to make is things can be known as abnormal but be a normal for the person. A lot of people think heart rates in the 90s are too high but anything between 60 and 100 is normal and so even at 96 when your up and moving about is normal. Even a heart rate over 100 here and there is okay if it's normal sinus rhythm..

Try to cut back on how much you check your heart rate as this will only add to your anxiety and try not to worry so much because anxiety can and does cause palpations.
    Last edited by Careful1; 16-01-18 at 15:46.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information