Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabies fear again...

Re: Rabies fear again...

Quote Originally Posted by maz063 View Post
    True but my concern involves being outside at night. That's why I'm scared of it being stealthy.
    You realize that holds no water? It's like saying I'm afraid I won't notice if I got stung by a stealthy bee. A bite hurts! A bite would immediately bleed! There are no stealthy human hunting bats! They do not possess the cognitive ability to plan an attack

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You realize that holds no water? It's like saying I'm afraid I won't notice if I got stung by a stealthy bee. A bite hurts! A bite would immediately bleed! There are no stealthy human hunting bats! They do not possess the cognitive ability to plan an attack

Positive thoughts
    I know it's not fair to laugh but reading this conjured images of bats flying around wearing ninja masks. It almost makes it even less intinidating.

Pregabalin 300mg

Bats don't want to hurt humans. When I had the bat in my house I talked to the field biologist in our county. He had handled bats. One time he had a bat in his gloved hands and it bit him. It's teeth didn't go through the gloves, but he said the pain was intense. I also spoke with a bat expert and was told that when bitten it feels like a hundred needles being poked into you. With this in mind, how likely is it that you got bitten and didn't notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 614 View Post
    Bats don't want to hurt humans. When I had the bat in my house I talked to the field biologist in our county. He had handled bats. One time he had a bat in his gloved hands and it bit him. It's teeth didn't go through the gloves, but he said the pain was intense. I also spoke with a bat expert and was told that when bitten it feels like a hundred needles being poked into you. With this in mind, how likely is it that you got bitten and didn't notice?
    Well I felt something. Not like 100 needles but a bit of a sharp pinch or a tap. I noticed a sensation but saw and heard no bat.

Quote Originally Posted by maz063 View Post
    Well I felt something. Not like 100 needles but a bit of a sharp pinch or a tap. I noticed a sensation but saw and heard no bat.
    Maz... I feel for ya I've been on the boards for a while and seen quite a few rabies threads. I also know it's one of the deepest rabbit holes there is on here and I know from reading you gotta be freaking!

The thing is... From an outside perspective, it seems you're trying to convince yourself that the sky is green in light of the rest of the world's evidence that it's blue Your anxiety is essentially blinding you to reality.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

A bat is the least likely animal to bite you and give you rabies. Your "pinch" could've been anything. Literally. Even a hair sliding slightly out of place.

A bat didn't land on the ground and then jump up and bite you, then quickly hide. And a bat didn't quietly fly into the back of your leg, bite you gently, then quietly fly away. It just doesn't happen. Period. The pinchy feeling could have been caused by so many benign things. It wasn't a bat.

As others have suggested, get help for your anxiety. It will help you to not have to deal with things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    When I was a young teen, my buddy and I used to catch bats. Much to our mother's displeasure, we would take a pair of nylons, put rocks in the toes and throw them into the air at dusk. The bats would think it was prey and attack them, get tangled up in the nylons and the rocks would bring them down. We'd keep them in cages as pets for a few days, hand feed them, observe them etc. and then let them go. Handled them with gloves. They're actually pretty cool animals. Never got bit and no rabies

Why am I posting this story? Because it's the absolute polar opposite of this fear. Never, ever, ever, have I worried about this. Our Moms were another story! ~lol~ It's like the quote I posted from tryingtosurvive1... This is what your HA/OCD chooses to fixate on. It's what YOU choose to fixate on! Why not a lightning strike (more probable than rabies) or a car accident?

Anyway... I know they'll be more rabies threads to come but it's still an absolute fantasy.

Positive thoughts
    I am fascinated by bats, they are very cool and beneficial animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 614 View Post
    I felt something kinda sharp but not like 100 needles. I felt the sensation amd cjecked around me and and saw no bat. But of course my mind is going crazy

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Ignore the redundant reply lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information