Thread: Has anyone found this medication good for general anxiety?

Has anyone found this medication good for general anxiety?

I wake up feeling anxious, and all the heart pounding nervousness stuff that comes with it. Do you find that it helps the physical symptoms? what about the mental symptoms? My doctor said it can also help with that in some ways.

Re: Has anyone found this medication good for general anxiety?

It helps with the physical symptoms defo which once you gain confidence in it then helps you mentally but it doesn’t directly impact you mentally if that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking about going back and trying beta blockers . My anxiety is triggered by an awareness of my heart and what it’s doing. Will beta blockers help me to not be so aware of my heartbeat. I just want to forget I have one and move on! I think this is my next step. It caused me headaches so I stopped. I was also stressing myself out about taking them .

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...56#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I’m thinking about going back and trying beta blockers . My anxiety is triggered by an awareness of my heart and what it’s doing. Will beta blockers help me to not be so aware of my heartbeat. I just want to forget I have one and move on! I think this is my next step. It caused me headaches so I stopped. I was also stressing myself out about taking them .

Have you tried propranolol modifies release? Half beta capsules? I’m on 80mg a day and it really helps in the morning honestly. I have every benzo available but Mirtazapine 45mg quetiapine 350mg and 80mg sustained release has helped me greatly and I still take a klonopin, valium
    Or Xanax when needed 2 or 3 times a week

I have not tried the modified release, or cutting the tablet in half. Great ideas! Thanks. That's something to discuss with my doctor on wed. I take klonopin every day, and i'd eventually like to get off that and just stay on cymbalta (if it works) and maybe a beta blocker. Just worried it will lower my heart rate too much and will cause it to stop :( Clearly i have an anxious mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I have not tried the modified release, or cutting the tablet in half. Great ideas! Thanks. That's something to discuss with my doctor on wed. I take klonopin every day, and i'd eventually like to get off that and just stay on cymbalta (if it works) and maybe a beta blocker. Just worried it will lower my heart rate too much and will cause it to stop :( Clearly i have an anxious mind!
    Just chiming in to say I have the same problem with worrying about my heart stopping, and it helps me to only take 10mg. You might feel more comfortable if you start slow. Personally, I can definitely feel a calm effect on 10mg. I’m also weaning off Klonopin. Best wishes to you.

I have just been updosed to 160mg slow release for my anxiety and panic ....

Benjammin Hi Was just wondering how you get on with 45 mirt plus the propranolol?
    I’m on 30 mirt and just upped to 120 propranolol from slow release 80 this is for ectopic beats (although it doesn’t do a lot tbh). Seeing the dr tomorrow and was wondering wether to ask if I can increase to 45 as my anxiety is so bad
    Angie x

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebela View Post
    Benjammin Hi Was just wondering how you get on with 45 mirt plus the propranolol?
    I’m on 30 mirt and just upped to 120 propranolol from slow release 80 this is for ectopic beats (although it doesn’t do a lot tbh). Seeing the dr tomorrow and was wondering wether to ask if I can increase to 45 as my anxiety is so bad
    Angie x

Hi

I would say it doesn’t harm to try 45mg my general anxiety is ok and more situational now. I use a mixture of benzo and propranolol to help my anxiety. That’s why I have had to go to 16g propranolol and the odd tough day with a benzo

Thread Information