Thread: Can stress make a period come early - 5 days early

Can stress make a period come early - 5 days early

To say I've just had a stressful few days is an understatement.
    I don't want to go into all that now, but am wondering if stress can bring on a period early. I'm not due till Sunday so it's 5 days early. And I'm normally fairly regular, within a day or two.
    Of course my mind is racing and I'm worried what if it's not my period and I'm just bleeding. What if I get my period as well at the weekend?
    Is that being silly? I don't know anymore cause my HA is out of control.
    Would really appreciate any advice/comforting words.......

Re: Can stress make a period come early - 5 days early

Yes. During final exams at school, my period came a week early - right in the middle of an exam

Yes absolutely ! Periods can come early, or late or even disappear totally at times of stress and anxiety. Anxiety affects your delicate hormone balance and period irregularities are a common thing to happen.

Hi,
    Not a worry, I used to be up to 5 days early or 5 days late.

I started spotting / bleeding lightly eight days before my period was due this month. I'm still spotting and my period is due in two days now. I'm pretty alarmed, but only because I have other symptoms too.

In your case, with no other symptoms and with, I'm guessing, a regular period history, I'm sure it's just stress or something else benign. I imagine your cycles will go back to normal once your stress reduces.

Absolutely it can. I have had many variations. Sometimes I don't have a period, other times it's like my period needs me to know it's still a thing at least twice a month (super fun when you bleed heavily for 9 days), or it comes early. I mean mine is not the most regular on the planet, it's regularly irregular, but it does have a pattern so I know roughly the timing. I can say though it wasn't 'due' when it showed up last month, but I had a HUGE presentation due for school which was extremely difficult and I had to present in front of over 100 people. Old me used to be okay with that, current anxious me really enjoys (read that with all the sarcasm) that my period knew that I had to do this thing and showed up literally 2 days before (technically wasn't due for a week) and then decided to show with a vengeance.

So yeah, it happens. Bodies are super weird. I know when things are more 'normalized' it's definitely not as bad and your cycle will likely go back to its regular self once your stress goes down.

One thing to keep in mind (not sure your age) but as you age, your period changes a bit, which has definitely thrown me and depending on the stress and how long, you can become more sensitive to it and it can throw your hormones off pretty badly.

I hope you feel better soon and that your stress level goes down. <3

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...56#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Thread Information