Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breasts again

Breasts again

Hi again. I am going through a really bad time with breast awareness at the moment. I had them checked last Tuesday but am so plagued with strange feelings. I have decided to ask for more CBT but, in the meantime, wondered if someone could help. Does anyone else feel strange movements and pressure in breasts , sometimes consistently in one place? I can't feel any lumps at the moment but that is what will happen if I keep checking them every time I feel a sensation. I am having trouble sleeping as well as sensations during the day because, if I turn on my side I feel as though I am lying on a lump. It doesn't usually help happening in the same place over and over but same sensation for 3 nights now.

Re: Breasts again

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Do you know....I'd put money on the strange pressure and feelings being from over-checking. How do I know this? I've done it myself. To give you some background, I have had breast cancer (neary 2 years ago) and have been told off by my surgeon for over-checking lol Each day I was having a good prod, sometimes even without awareness that I was doing it. The the next day I would have pain, pressure feelings and odd sensations as I'd bothered the tissue so much, then that would make me prod and check even more. If you were checked on Tuesday and nothing was noticed then what I think you should try, is not checking now for a few weeks and see if the feelings resolve.

Thank you for your reply. I can see it makes sense. It is so hard to leave them alone. I will try but when you turn over in bed and feel something it is difficult to ignore. I know what you mean about doing it without really being aware. It has become such a habit.. Thanks again. I will keep telling myself what you have said when I am tempted..

Thats a good plan. Remember that you can bruise your breast tissue, just like anything else with excessive 'messing'. You honestly don't need to check that often, at the clinic they told me that if you did it too much you were being counter productive as you wouldn't feel if there were any small changes or differences anyway. I've been banned and told - once a month is fine. (Remember too, and I dont know your age, but breast tissue changes throughout your life, and monthly with hormonal changes, so odd feelings may be nothing more than that). Remain breast aware, but not breast obsessive. lol (I've had to tell myself that too!!!)

Thank you again. I am 65 and have suffered with health anxiety since I was 30. What a lot if time I must have wasted on this.

If you have had regular screening eg mammo/ultrasound every 1 or 2 years as recommended by your Gyno then it is probably just anxiety. If you haven’t kept up with the screening then it is probably still anxiety brought on by worrying about not keeping up with the screening.

I have always had regular screening and, in fact, am due for a 3 yearly one next month which I will of course attend. I actually had one at hospital just over a year ago anyway. Thank you for your reply. I wish they did ultrasound routinely as well. My friend, whose sister is a GP, tells me that breast cancer is more likely to be cured at our age. The trouble us that I hear of so many people getting it, getting 'cured' and then it comes back somewhere else. At my age peers are beginning to get all sorts of nasties Anyone my age know someone who is a true survivor?
    Last edited by lyndau63; 18-01-18 at 23:29. Reason: Typo

Hi again,

Sorry, hadn't realised you were in your 60s hence mentioning hormonal changes (thinking you were premenopause). You are attending all screening and that is what is important, if there is anything it will be found.

Anyone else ever experience feelings of movement? When i lie down i often feel something moving across the underside of my right breast. Can't feel a lump but it does make me keep getting up to check and i am finding it difficult to get to sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information