Thread: Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

Hi All!
    I've had a rough couple of months as you all know, worried about one thing to the next and now I'm losing weight!
    I've always been sitting around 50kg but then I put on weight and went up to 56kg and now I"m back down to 53kg, to be honest I felt better at 56kg.
    I've also got terrible IBS now every morning, just IBS D runny poop, every morning i get pains and go the toilet, but I"ve noticed I"m getting a sunken in tummy again and now I"m freaking out about bowel cancer or some kind of cancer, maybe liver or lung. I had a CT colonoscopy in 2014, maybe it's time for a new one??? Anyone else find it hard to put on weight when you have anxiety?
    Trouble is as well is that i don't feel like eating, so that's hard too.
    My anxiety is chronic -and everytime i feel like I"m beating it something else happens.
    It's a vicious cycle - not happy - going to the Dr to talk to them again tomorrow.
    Love to hear from you if you've had similiar issues.

Re: Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Not people respond here though! This is a quieter thread, but fair enough.

I am trying to put posts in the correct forum or we may as well not bother having any sub-forums at all

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

Think about it.... The simple and common sense answer is a definitive YES!
    Anxiety suppresses appetite and you eat less. IBS can cause your body to pass food through your system faster absorbing less nutrients.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information