I've got severe constant anxiety, including permanent stomach pains and total inability to concentrate. I have tried to handle it myself but it's not going well and right now I see that it's affecting my work and family life.

I have tried relaxation & calming exercises, breathing exercises, physical exercises, bought a new bed, changed diet, put myself in positive situations when possible. Whatever I do, each new day I wake up and within a few seconds I get my stomach turning and my mind racing and thats my day gone.

With that in mind I've decided to organise a few CBT sessions and my first one is on Friday.

The problem is that I see CBT as my final solution, if it doesn't work there, there isn't a next step for me. I will not do any medication as I spent my childhood on medication (not MH related) and I also have an addictive personality.

Now I know that CBT is not a magic pill (and even the pills aren't that magic). I'm going to the CBT with an open mind and heart, and ready to do what is required but I'm concerned that I'm putting too much pressure on this therapy.

What preparation (mental or otherwise) should I do before going? I really want this to work and I want to give it the best chance to.