Thread: Stomach cancer? (warning may trigger)

Stomach cancer? (warning may trigger)

Hi everyone

Health anxiety has not been good recently.

The next paragraph may trigger I was triggered last week in work because I was dispensing medication for a patient with Glioblastoma (my ultimate health anxiety fear). Their presenting complaints were headaches and complex partial seizures.

Anyway, as some of you may remember, I ended up in A&E on Saturday night as per my GP re: chest pain. Turned out it was most likely muscular but my CRP was raised, indicating inflammation or infection.

Now, this is why I worry about stomach cancer: GORD has run in my dads side of the family; all my uncles and granddad were on antacids. But my GORD has been a bit worse recently, and I had to swtich PPI's.

A Locum doctor said: "if these don't work we'll need to look into this a bit more to make sure there isn't anything sinister going on" (that triggered me).

My main symptom is worseing GORD and loss of appetite. I noticed my appetite diminished when taking abx for a chest infection and when I was ill. I still don't feel 100% and my appetite isn't 100% either... No weight loss though. The abx finished 3 weeks ago and this cold has been going on 5 weeks, with a relapse last week.

It's a 1 in 1,000,000 (literally, according to Cancer Research Statistics UK) that I have stomach cancer at 24... I had the camera down 3 years ago, so I doubt cancer could have started in that time...

Just looking for reassurance, I suppose re: loss of appetite etc.

Re: Stomach cancer? (warning may trigger)

if you are not losing weight I imagine your appetite is perfect !

You've answered your own questions. Raised CRPs = cold/flu

Loss of appetite = anxiety

I had the camera down 3 years ago
    Can I ask why? If it was more of the same as now you know it's nothing to worry about as it was check out then; if it was a totally separate health scare it may explain why your brain is latching onto your "symptoms" as something to be alarmed about and dwell on.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Hi everyone

Health anxiety has not been good recently.

The next paragraph may trigger
    It's a 1 in 1,000,000 (literally, according to Cancer Research Statistics UK) that I have stomach cancer at 24... I had the camera down 3 years ago, so I doubt cancer could have started in that time...

Just looking for reassurance, I suppose re: loss of appetite etc.
    Yes, you are right, stomach cancer takes longer than that to develop (it's slow growing). When you had the scope they would have tested for H-Pylori which can be a precursor to stomach cancer, and they didn't report that.

Yes again, 24 is way too young to develop stomach cancer. You don't have it.

Thread Information