Thread: Feeling off in my head

Feeling off in my head

I've been exercising which has GREATLY eliminated many of my panic attack after symptoms (aches in body, feelings of anxiety/jitteriness, etc) BUT I've hurt my knees by using wrong shoes or running incorrectly. So now I'm limited to brisk walking & using a bike machine which definitely helps but I've noticed running 30 mins is the best to make me feel normal. I ran for about 1 week and felt amazing, but now my knees :/. Now every day I have a sort of "off" feeling in my head, I wouldn't call it dizziness, or like I can't see correctly. It's just an odd feeling, maybe brain fog? But I don't know exactly how brain fog feels I guess, so I'm not certain that's it. It mainly happens when I havent rested enough (nap time with my kiddos) and doesn't happen upon first waking during the day, just later on. I also feel sudden aches in my head that don't linger.

Anyone else have this? Health anxiety makes me fear tumors, but it could be me being hupersenitive to my environment bc of the anxiety. I have had a few moments of feeling totally normal again after my week of running daily but now I'm stuck with this feeling.

Re: Feeling off in my head

I have had brain fog when I first started my medication and when my anxiety was at its peak. It felt like my surroundings were new and unfamiliar. I believe it’s called depersonalization where you feel outside of your body. Does that sound like something you experience?

Re: Feeling off in my head

Hi Stephanie,

I could have written the identical myself. I also enjoy running / jogging (again about 30 mins a time) along with other exercise (about an hour ish session at the gym) which I feel really helps to reduce tension. I have symptoms which I would describe as a strange head pressure which makes me feel off-balance / faint and dizzy, I also sometimes get a dull ache in the back of my neck.

Does any of this sound familiar ?, at home or in my own surroundings/environment/pepole I feel fine - but at work (where it is the worst) the head pressure gradually builds during the day - by home time I feel awful and barely fit to drive.

I would go the gym more often (currently go about maybe 3/4 times a week) but my working day gets in the way of my plans !

Thread Information