Thread: Lung problem, pulled muscle, heart problem, or anxiety?

Lung problem, pulled muscle, heart problem, or anxiety?

i have been having these very worrying symptoms for the past week or so:

Heaviness in/on chest, a feeling as though my breasts are too heavy, or my bra is far too tight, when it is not.

I am asthmatic, but these symptoms are very different to what I have experienced with my asthma before.

A feeling that the heaviness is pushing the air out of my lungs. I have no problem breathing in, only difficulty holding it.

A feeling of breathlessness and fatigue doing simple activities or chores. With my asthma I usually need to take a reliever inhaler to subdue the breathlessness, with this I don't need to, I just need to take a break and the breathlessness calms down by itself.

My chest feels bruised when I push the upper sternum, and sometimes painful under the ribs on the right side.

Lying or sitting in certain positions exacerbates the heaviness feeling, especially when lying flat down, and hunching forward.

Has anyone else experienced this? I did the stupid and unthinkable and decided to google my symptoms, and now my anxiety has me convinced it is a heart problem. HELP!

Re: Lung problem, pulled muscle, heart problem, or anxiety?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information