Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Serious Dementia Worry

Re: Serious Dementia Worry

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1989 View Post
    I am now considering seeing a doctor about this. I understand how it looks. I seem to be going from one thing to the other. My throat/lung issues have worsened and I have a painful nonstop cough but i am using strategies to calm it. The dementia 'symptoms' happen every single day and have done for probably years.

But with my dementia worries things seem to be going worse. As I've mentioned, my memory is seriously bad. Names are seriously bad. I struggle to pick words and forget words. Things that I knew I used to remember. I used to be able to reel off any Friends quote, now hardly any. Pick any car and I could tell you which engine was inside of them. Now I forget the car's name let alone the engine.

My wife often says 'I just told you that' after having a conversation with her. Today I walked towards the store at lunch and got seriously confused when somebody walked out of the door. Yesterday driving, I panicked because for a good 5 minutes I had no idea where I was on a route I have taken a thousand times. Conversations I immediately forget what they have just said to me. Looking at signs i jumble the letters around in my mind. There was a sign the other day that said 'all morris homes now for sale' and I initially read it as 'am I morris homes....'

I get interested in things and then lose interest in a couple of weeks. Just a large collection of small things that happen daily. I do well to keep it off my mind but that one thing will happen and it adds to the basket of examples to make me consider seeing a doctor
    Surely if you had dementia, you would not be able to post on a public forum. You would not have the ability to put the words together to form a consistent thought.

You really don't think a little part of what I have said could be dementia?
    Did you even read the post about my mother?

Here you go... a typical conversation before she passed..

Hi Mom... how're you doing?
    Ohhh I don't like it here (she was in an assisted living facility)
    I know Mom but its a nice place and they're taking good care of you.
    How's Marcia? How's the kitty?
    They're good. So what did the doctor say?
    I don't like it here.
    I know Mom, but you need to be there. They make sure you get your medicines, they have great food, movies, a bar....
    How's Marcia? How's the kitty?
    They're fine Mom etc. etc. etc.

Everything you're posting screams ANXIETY!.. and has for the 2+ years you've been posting here.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    You would not have the ability to put the words together to form a consistent thought.
    THIS!!!!!!

Thanks everyone. It’s a powerful one to get over

I’ve tried and tried to stop myself with this but seriously struggling. It really gets worse as time goes on.

Examples (out of hundreds):
    - I read out a serial number to a guy at work and every single number was incorrect.
    - constantly forgetting conversations mid way through. My wife constantly saying ‘what the hell, that’s how we started the conversation’.
    - Getting into some serious issues with reading. I pretty much can’t read continuously now.
    - Looked at my daughter tonight and had a slight confusion over her.

It really is getting worse. On top of words being forgotten, names being forgotten. I’ve worked with a guy for four years and recently forgot his surname

You don’t have dementia.

Go see your doctor.

I’ve tried and tried to stop myself with this but seriously struggling. It really gets worse as time goes on.

Examples (out of hundreds):
    - I read out a serial number to a guy at work and every single number was incorrect.
    - constantly forgetting conversations mid way through. My wife constantly saying ‘what the hell, that’s how we started the conversation’.
    - Getting into some serious issues with reading. I pretty much can’t read continuously now.
    - Looked at my daughter tonight and had a slight confusion over her.

It really is getting worse. On top of words being forgotten, names being forgotten. I’ve worked with a guy for four years and recently forgot his surname
    This is has been going on for months now. Do you really thing if you had dementia you would be able to post in an online forum?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information