Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Dementia Worry

Serious Dementia Worry

Hi everyone,

To cut a long story short I have high blood pressure. How I have no idea as my diet is fairly balanced and I’m 28, weigh nothing and always walk.

My blood pressure is around 145/90. My doctor actually thinks I have an underlying issue as she refuses to believe it can be that high with everything I just wrote above.

Anyone I’ve always had an issue with my memory. Always. I always forget words I knew last week. Always forget names. Eg. Today I forgot the name of my ex-girlfriend from 7 years ago. Since I was 18 I’ve had this issue but ignored it. My wife always comments on how bad my memory is.

Anyway as I was reading about foods for high blood pressure I read that dementia is linked to HBP and thought well it all makes sense. I’m too scared to look at dementia symptoms and memory tests etc

Re: Serious Dementia Worry

My mother suffered from dementia near the end of her life. No way in hell what you describe is anywhere near what I witnessed, even in it's early stages.

Anxiety turns you inward. You focus so much on your fears that the outside world and how you interact is compromised. Perhaps instead of researching something you don't have, you could research and treat the anxiety you do have.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m sorry to hear that fishmanpa.

The reason I bring this up is because I’ve had this since I was around 18, years and years before my anxiety.

My HBP has been there since I was 18 and the nurse recently came to my work for random health checks and my blood pressure was the same so I drew a corrolation

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

It’s not just that. I would randomly forget I put something in the car then 10 minutes after search and search around the house for it to my wife to say ‘are you kidding me’

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1989 View Post
    I’m sorry to hear that fishmanpa.

The reason I bring this up is because I’ve had this since I was around 18, years and years before my anxiety.

My HBP has been there since I was 18 and the nurse recently came to my work for random health checks and my blood pressure was the same so I drew a corrolation

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

It’s not just that. I would randomly forget I put something in the car then 10 minutes after search and search around the house for it to my wife to say ‘are you kidding me’
    Ok.. so?... that's not dementia.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

My memory is awful as well I am also incredibly forgetful. I literally couldn't tell you what I did yesterday unless I really think hard about it. I think stress and anxiety takes its toll on my memory my mind is filled up with so much that simple things like misplacing my phone etc happen all the time.

I had to learn about dementia and Alzheimer's for work and we were taught that missplacing things forgetting names etc is something everyone does but people with early dementia will get in their car and for a couple of minutes forget what the key does or go to make a call and can't remember what a phone is or how to use it

I really don't think you have anything to worry about ��

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1989 View Post
    Hi everyone,

To cut a long story short I have high blood pressure. How I have no idea as my diet is fairly balanced and I’m 28, weigh nothing and always walk.

My blood pressure is around 145/90. My doctor actually thinks I have an underlying issue as she refuses to believe it can be that high with everything I just wrote above.

Anyone I’ve always had an issue with my memory. Always. I always forget words I knew last week. Always forget names. Eg. Today I forgot the name of my ex-girlfriend from 7 years ago. Since I was 18 I’ve had this issue but ignored it. My wife always comments on how bad my memory is.

Anyway as I was reading about foods for high blood pressure I read that dementia is linked to HBP and thought well it all makes sense. I’m too scared to look at dementia symptoms and memory tests etc
    If it started at 18, it's even less likely to be dementia. You just don't get dementia at 18. I think the earliest age anyone was diagnosed with dementia was 30, and even that is INSANELY rare.

You just have a bad memory for some things. I'm terrible with the names of famous people. Like, I can literally forget the name of the Prime Minister. Or massive celebrities like Bruce Willis. But in other ways my memory is extremely good. It's just one of those things.

I've had 3 family members suffer from dementia and this was nothing they experienced and not even how it started. My memory is terrible, my mum will tell me to go upstairs to get something and when I get there I've forgotten. I even forgot my new born nephews name once

Huge Alzheimer’s/Dementia Worry

Hi guys,

Recently I’ve been having a huge panic about having Alzheimer’s/Dementia. Since I was about 22 my memory became poor. Now it’s getting worse. I CONSTANTLY forget names, names I should remember. Last night I just couldn’t remember for the life of me what movie I watched the night before. It came to me after two hours.

My wife constantly says that my memory is bad and that I always forget things. The other day I forgot a restaurant name that I’ve been to a good few times. These are just examples, I forget something at least once every day. I’ve extremely scared I have a brain disease.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Huge Alzheimer’s/Dementia Worry

Anxiety IS a brain illness. That being said, perhaps you forgot about these two threads?

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information