Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Dementia Worry

Re: Serious Dementia Worry

I watch Modern Family (great show) and I haven’t seen it for some time, about three weeks, and I forgot two of the characters name.

My mother was diagnosed at 55 years old, she didn't have high blood pressure, hers came on slowly, she would say my brain isn't letting me think, or she would say I want a banana but be pointing at an apple, or she would repeat herself over and over, we all forget things, if you look up dementia/alzhimers, you will get a vast list of what people and researchers think cause it, everything from cell phones, to tin foil, to soda, to vaccines, to vitamin b 12 deficiency, I agree you are too young to get it, what could be causing your issues is anxiety, depression, vitamin deficiency, even dehydration can cause brain fog and forgetfulness, the best advice I can give and that would give you peace of mind is go get tested.

Thanks for sharing that, I’m sorry to hear about your mother. I’m going to call the GP tomorrow to discuss

Testicular cancer, Bulbar ALS, Multiple Sclerosis and now Dementia, all in the span of 3 months. Never have we seen such an unlucky guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Testicular cancer, Bulbar ALS, Multiple Sclerosis and now Dementia, all in the span of 3 months. Never have we seen such an unlucky guy!
    I had an ultrasound on my testes and a cyst was discovered. My memory has been affecting me way beyond my HA but have only just come to realise

Go get blood work done, I am betting you need to up vitamin b or are very low on vitamins. Being low on vitamin b 12 or any vitamin b can mimic the symptoms of dementia and alzheimer's

I've had bloods done in the past and my vitamin levels were all normal.

I'm quite panicky at the moment as I've been doing some stuff such as:

- We were in the house and I asked my wife if she got my phone out of the car even though I was just on it in the living room

- I constantly try and get in the car without unlocking it

- I boil the kettle to make baby food and once boiled i grab a mug and a tea bag as if i'm about to make a cup of tea.

These are just a handful of things that I do and they're freaking me out though. Quite scared to go to the doctors if they say the worst because i would obviously lose my job etc etc

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

This is in conjunction with me constantly forgetting what people have said, dates previously arranged, names etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My mother suffered from dementia near the end of her life. No way in hell what you describe is anywhere near what I witnessed, even in it's early stages.

Anxiety turns you inward. You focus so much on your fears that the outside world and how you interact is compromised. Perhaps instead of researching something you don't have, you could research and treat the anxiety you do have.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Dementia is a symptom of an underlying problem not a root cause. What is it exactly you are afraid you have?

Have you been tested for heavy metals poisoning?

Your symptoms don't sound like dementia to me, rather normal functions of an occupied mind, but assuming I'm wrong, given your age and clean blood test results this would be the most likely cause.
    Last edited by Imeleedi; 22-04-18 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Imeleedi View Post
    Have you been tested for heavy metals poisoning?
    Seriously? C'mon now! That's just planting another irrational fear.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information