Thread: Mind chatter at night and sometimes during the day?

Mind chatter at night and sometimes during the day?

So I was wondering if anyone expierences this too, it started like 2 years ago when I was falling asleep random words would pop in my head so I started listening to movies and stuff when going to bed so I wouldn't pay attention to it, but then I guess I started obsessing about it and getting worried and I started to get it during the day if I was thing about it and if I stop thinking about it, it went away, I told my psychiatrist she said it's anxiety because I started thinking it was schizophrenia, anyone else with this ? Sorry if it sounded scrambled I'm really anxious because it's been happening lately

Re: Mind chatter at night and sometimes during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Raindrops View Post
    Random words, and hearing other people at night, are normal auditory hallucinations experienced by many at night. If that's what you mean, then it's totally normal!
    But sometimes if I'm tired during the day and if I focus on it, I can notice it and it scares me because before it would only happen at night

Hey Brad, I made an account specifically because of this problem. I'm very anxious at the moment due to course work and interviews for university, I had a panic attack on Saturday and have been feeling worried ever since.
    The random words are worrying too but the more I focus on them the worse I feel I think my brain is just tired from over thinking and trying to make sense of it. When these random words appear I'm then trying to make sense of them myself, keeping me awake even longer. It's not fun but I read somewhere that if you think you're going crazy then you're not. Kinda reassuring... Breathing exercises have helped me also. I hope you can get some peace

Quote Originally Posted by BabbleBrain View Post
    Hey Brad, I made an account specifically because of this problem. I'm very anxious at the moment due to course work and interviews for university, I had a panic attack on Saturday and have been feeling worried ever since.
    The random words are worrying too but the more I focus on them the worse I feel I think my brain is just tired from over thinking and trying to make sense of it. When these random words appear I'm then trying to make sense of them myself, keeping me awake even longer. It's not fun but I read somewhere that if you think you're going crazy then you're not. Kinda reassuring... Breathing exercises have helped me also. I hope you can get some peace
    Thank you yah I just get anxious about it, and when it happens during the day it raises my anxiety even more

Quote Originally Posted by Brad10 View Post
    So I was wondering if anyone expierences this too, it started like 2 years ago when I was falling asleep random words would pop in my head so I started listening to movies and stuff when going to bed so I wouldn't pay attention to it, but then I guess I started obsessing about it and getting worried and I started to get it during the day if I was thing about it and if I stop thinking about it, it went away, I told my psychiatrist she said it's anxiety because I started thinking it was schizophrenia, anyone else with this ? Sorry if it sounded scrambled I'm really anxious because it's been happening lately
    I get this when I’m tired and stressed at night .: as I’m going into a sleep state.. random chat from random places.. Couldn’t recall what’s said but it’s lots of random bits and pieces xx

I get this all the time, have done for as long as I can remember - any time I'm tired or stressed or alone.

Thread Information