Thread: feeling empty and lost

feeling empty and lost

It,s 2.15a.m. i just cannot sleep i,ve come downstairs to have a good cry, i feel so empty,lost need my mum to tell me it,s o.k.sadly she nor my dad are no longer with me, it,s been along journey without them and i miss them so muchi have no meds to calm me down so am listening to a relaxsation c.d. but the music just makes me think of mum and dad more. Imiss my mum in law too who passed away in january,she was a lovelylady. my daughter has moved out and i miss her terribly, my other daughter never seems to be around long enough to have a chat with.i,m going thouhg the change to and have the hot flushes to contend with. sorry to go on. but this the worst i,ve ever felt since having anxiety. I feel to that my world has turned upside down. i was sooo happy a few days ago when my daughter had her uni results, and i became a great to my neices daughter,s baby. What a difference a few days make.Ifeel so lonely, the recent news on the t.v. at glasgow airport,how can people be so cruel,that they would want to hurt another human being.without this site i do,nt know what i would, i have you guys to talk to when the going gets tough.I can,t help the way i am feeling, i need some sort of closure,so i can get on with my life, we only get one chance and i want my life back.

Re: feeling empty and lost

Hope you are feeling a little better today hun!

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Have a big fat squeeze hun .

Love Piglet

Hi Rickards,
    I totally understand how ya feel,I had one of those days the other day,just felt sooooooo empty and overwhelmed,I have lost many myself so I totally understand about it all....I guess where just gonna have good days and bad days, and for the bombing threat nothing we can do there its ugly people who just dont give a s..t about anything,after 9-11 here in NY City I was scared at first when we would get alerts for the longest time but now i look at it as Im not gonna let these people scare me,cause thats what they want ,Life is too short we have to live to the fullest moment as possible....hope you have an awsome day and take care of you........Linda xxxx

Hello Rikards, I really feel for what you are going through right now. Being awake and on your own in the middle of the night is the most lonely and bleak time. Since you are still mourning your parents, have you ever considered joining a bereavment support group or some other type of support group in your area, there is nearly always such a group in most towns.

I admire you for not relying on meds, I just caved in and took tranquillsers half an hour ago as the constant anxiety was overwhelming me and I failed to control it with relaxation techniques.

My doctor advises me to avoid looking at the news and other unhappy tv programs when I am feeling bad as when you feel low you just don't have the strength to deal with them and they can bring you further down.

I love sitcoms and treat myself to them on dvd for my birthday and xmas. I put 'Fawlty Towers' or 'Rising Damp' or 'Frasier' on the dvd and it helps a little to take your mind off your fears.

I do hope you feel better soon,

Take care for now,

Eibhlin

Thread Information