Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety back

Anxiety back

Hi, I have had troubles with anxiety and depression for years and have posted good few times here in past and tried lots different meds and treatments. Finally I seemed to find a combo that worked for me, 30mg mirtazapine and 300mg pregablin each day. For the last 6 months I have had no issues and felt great, however I have had massive anxiety crash starting over festive period. Going to go to doc's tomorrow, tried to ride it it out with exercise and meditation, but not avail. Wonder, would increase in meds help at all? Think pregabalin dose could go up, would that likely help me?
    Thanks

Re: Anxiety back

Yes my anxiety is much worse on 300mg vs 600mg so an increase in dose would be worth trying. Hope you feel better soon.

so are you on 600 mg?

Yep I take 300mg twice a day.

Thanks , hopefully see Dr today

so doc has uppedmy dose to 450mg x day,will see how it goes. Hope it works, thought was doing really well on the 300mg. Anxiety is as bad as its been and struggling to lift it

Have you had any 'talking therapies' offered too?

Hi Shiznit76 - Pregabalin is good to wonderful for low to medium generalized anxiety, but not much good in things like panic attacks. It also won't completely block out anxiety when there is something serious to be anxious about, like an examination or job interview. However, these situations can pass, and things can go back to how they were.

Is there any reason you can think of why your anxiety spiked over the holiday period? Any extra pressures, or looming relationship problems, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Hi Shiznit76 - Pregabalin is good to wonderful for low to medium generalized anxiety, but not much good in things like panic attacks. It also won't completely block out anxiety when there is something serious to be anxious about, like an examination or job interview. However, these situations can pass, and things can go back to how they were.

Is there any reason you can think of why your anxiety spiked over the holiday period? Any extra pressures, or looming relationship problems, for example?
    Hi, no it is just GAD, had it for years and have been on 300mg pregabalin since the summer and had been doing great. This has been a pretty intense and hope the 450mg might help settle things down.

I don't have panic attacks, just ongoing anxiety in these periods which is pretty soul destroying and exhausting.
    Had the best 6months there than have in years since being on 300mg, felt great and everything was anxiety free, that's why I have taken it quite hard, the GAD springing back up, as thought the 300mg had helped me with it.
    Like I say, fingers are crossed for the 450mg.
    I am aware of when I start to feel anxious and do exercise quite a lot to help with it, but can't spend all my time out on bike or running.

Fingers are crossed. How long should it be till I notice any difference, is the preg fast acting?

Well best of luck with the 450 mg daily of pregabalin. Hopefully it will work reasonably quickly. I have to say that I take 600 mg daily of pregabalin and 45 mg mirtazapine. I have done so for years and it's worked well for me. I don't get panic attacks (I did have a few a decade or so ago), but I still occasionally get anxious about things, though it's not GAD, just normal anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information