Thread: High anxiety

High anxiety

This morning i woke up wth lots of anxiety and as a result i started to have running thoughts and images of lots of things and people. I Then woke up made a cup of tea to my lover and gave it to him and started to panick that i may have put something in there...that is going to hurt him i started to panick as usual when i feel like this. So i took the tea and made another cup of tea. And now he is drinking it and i am going after all the movements i have done to make the tea to see if i done something wrong. I know i did not!!!!!! Now I will obsess util 2 or 3 hours have passed from the time he drank it so i know he is fine.

I been there before when my anxiety are high i become very very paranoid and start to feel unreal and think what if what i see its not real and its all a dream!!!!

I had a good night last night and today its one of those days where I fear knifes and all the things that fear like hurting my lover, think about things in the past that have happen.like my mum death and more and more....

Is anyone ever doubt when they cook something for others this is not about contamination its about doubting what i did few minutes ago. If i put something in there. Its always the fera of hurtingmy partner.

Please some support.

GD

Re: High anxiety

awww love

I too had the same thing i constantly lived in fear of harming myself my kids or my hubbie - it got to admit mine has been playing up over the last few days ......... I assure you that it never ever happens just the mere fact that you worry about it so much that you pour away the tea and make a fresh one means your perfectly sane and not the type of person the would hurt someone

good luck love

michelle

Yes I know so why Idoubt my self and now I have to wait until some time passess so i knowhe is ok???I ts total madness. It makes me feel really sick.

This is really common when you suffer from OCD. Probably a thought runs through your mind super fast, then your body follows with a rush a fear and then you begin to doubt everything you are doing. This happened to me when I used to give my kids medicine. I would have to write it down and look at it repeatedly to make sure I gave them the correct dosage. Also, the thing about cooking food for others---I was scared I didn't cook the meat long enough, so I overcooked everything. Anyhow, it is really not these individual thoughts that are causing the problem, it is the anxiety illness. I don't know how well you will receive this, but I truly suggest medication to alleviate some of this suffering. Then when these thoughts flash, you will not have the whole body thing responding and you will be able to see them for what they are: stupid thoughts, the product of our imaginations and anxiety.

Thread Information