Thread: Valium Withdrawal

Valium Withdrawal

Is anyone else here trying to withdraw from valium and having one hell of a time? I would love to talk to you if you are. I honestly do not know if it is possible to ever get off these type drugs and feel normal again, whatever that is. I want to try to deal with my anxiety and panic naturally since I have become tolerant yet once again from benzos. You are put in a horrible position when you are still taking the drug and your panic and anxiety are still there and getting worse. That is why I am trying to come off these drugs and try to salvage what is left of my CNS after 30 years of taking benzos. I am really scared but also have no choice except to try I am afraid.

I caution anyone considering taking benzos long-term to manage their anxiety and panic to reconsider. Once you become tolerant to these drugs and dosage starts to escalate, you will find yourself in a horrible predicament. I am sure you have heard the saying trying to withdraw from benzos is much worse than trying to withdraw from heroin. Well, it is true. I am living proof. Try to take short-term (no more than 2 weeks straight) or PRN if you can and never allow your brain to become addicted.

Re: Valium Withdrawal

Definately true. I am four months off and going through hell can hardly function every day and constantly feeling like I am going to die. Do not take these long term

Quote Originally Posted by maccknight View Post
    Definately true. I am four months off and going through hell can hardly function every day and constantly feeling like I am going to die. Do not take these long term
    So, so true maccknight. I am on day 1 of no Valium. I know my hell is just beginning but I have to try.

I wish I had never laid eyes on these type drugs. They work great in the beginning, but you pay a horrible price in the end sadly!

Yes you do have to try. I also wish I had never heard of them and had stuck with my reluctance to take them when they were suggested but was told by the "expert" it was only a low dose and a mild one so I would be fine

Quote Originally Posted by maccknight View Post
    Yes you do have to try. I also wish I had never heard of them and had stuck with my reluctance to take them when they were suggested but was told by the "expert" it was only a low dose and a mild one so I would be fine
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I am 55!

Thanks for talking. It helps...

Thread Information