Thread: Relapse (Lower Body edition)

Relapse (Lower Body edition)

Hello,

After incredible mounts of worrying I managed to go to the GP earlier regarding my hip flexor/groin aches that came following exercise and abdominal discomfort over the weekend. This isn't something i'd usually do, as I am also quite scared of confirmation (i.e that my HA was right).

All she did was test the movement/pain in my hips/legs and felt my stomach and I have come away with more questions than answers. I have never really been to the GP in the past because my mental health nurse explicitly advised against it but this felt different somehow. Now I understand the spiral that much more; that unsatisfactory examination really makes you feel worse. However she seemed sure that it was muscular, as opposed to the plethora of ailments I have found over the weekend (Why did I google).

I am unsure if I overemphasised my exercise and Health Anxiety, but I must accept that if she did perceive an issue she would investigate more (?)

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

I feel like maybe I didn’t say enough?

Getting the sense that I’m going to end up like my last bout of HA..

Re: Relapse (Lower Body edition)

Hello everyone,

My leg, hip and back pain is continuing and it’s been roughly 3-4 weeks since I potentially exercised too hard and caused some sort of hip-flexor issue. I went to the Doctors in the first week because I was concerned with the pain/uncomfortability that was coming from sensitive (?) areas. According to my GP after a brief mobility assessment it is caused by the exercise and will take time to heal, but she didn’t carry out any other tests.. she did mention that pain from the hip can refer to other places but eh. I know this thought pattern should be beyond me but it really isn’t.

The pain seems to increase as the day continues and with usage and it is primarily focused in my right hip/groin/thigh. I also keep getting spasms around the area of pain and when I raise my left leg there is a click, and shudder. I don’t feel ill or anything other that what can be explained by my anxiety although I have noticed that I am starting to search for signs of bad things I.e glands and toilet related stuff, of course these are coming back inconclusive enough to inspire more worry.

It is just so frustrating. Just as I was beginning to forget about my previous health worries a few years ago.

My GP suggested that I could have physio if I require it. Should I pursue this? Admittedly I really haven’t done enough to aid my own recovery and have more than likely impaired it.

Help?

(Reposted here due to admin request)

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

I guess I just go back to the Dr?

Thread Information