Thread: Blood clot after ankle sprain?

Blood clot after ankle sprain?

Hello all, I can’t stop panicking about this but basically... 3 and a half weeks ago I sprained my ankle pretty bad, never visited a doctor as I thought it was no big deal, despite being in a LOT of pain with it and a lot of swelling. Up until probably a few days ago I couldn’t walk properly on it. Now I’ve finally started to be able to walk okayish. However, today I have had this dull pain in my leg which was affected, I’ve jumped to the conclusion that it is a blood clot which has formed because of the injury. Only symptom I have is the pain, no swelling or any extra pain when I touch or press on it and it’s not hot to touch. Has anybody experienced this before after a sprained ankle? I’m just so worried

Re: Blood clot after ankle sprain?

God yes, I've sprained my ankles so many times . It's not a blood clot

The fact you have just started walking on it again is the answer, it'll be sore muscles from fully using your leg again.

If you couldn't grip anything for 3 weeks, then suddenly started to grip things, dont you think your arm would start hurting as you hadn't barely used the muscles. Best analogy I can come up with

Re: Blood clot after ankle sprain?

I sprained my ankle really bad a few years ago and wasn’t able to walk on it for about two weeks. I also didn’t go to the doctor. When I started walking on it again I was getting pains in lower leg as well. That’s normal. It’s still healing.

Thread Information