Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Red patch in mouth

Re: Red patch in mouth

Ok thank you guys

Dr Google lies. I've been on the cancer research website, and looked at an interactive graph of incidents of oral cancer diagnosed by age per 100,000 head the population. Age 10-14, no oral cancer cases diagnosed in either male or female. Age 15-19, no oral cancer cases diagnosed in males and 1 in a female. You need to stop obsessing about oral cancer, forget it, whatever this red mark is in your mouth....its not that.

Ok I really hope so

---------- Post added 26-01-18 at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was 25-01-18 at 22:36 ----------

By any chance do any of u know what Erythroplakia is?????? That’s what I might have

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Anyone??
    Last edited by Bl4ze; 26-01-18 at 02:05.

By any chance do any of u know what Erythroplakia is?????? That’s what I might have

You are still repeating that you might have it. Thats not the right way to deal with this HA problem.

But it doesn’t say that there’s anything else like this. The only thing that’s a red patch and feels velvety like mine is erythoplakia and normally for symptoms there a number of causes some way more probable than others but erythroplakia there’s only one!!! OC I don’t know what else I could have since there’s nothing else like it!!!

So, it couldn't just be a patch that has been rubbing where teeth are or got burnt or or or ?

You mentioned your other health anxiety problems in the past, what were the things that concerned you then?

Leukemia you know, the usual. But it’s never been like this. This I’m almost convinced is OC and I’ve just given up

It's only defined as that when no other reason can be found to categorise it otherwise.

Commonly it's damage from food, burns, biting (anxiety sufferers grind, I used to do it only in my sleep and it was dentist who worked it out from what he could see in my teeth & jaw muscles as well as symptoms of tooth ache, headaches, trouble fully closing & opening my teeth, etc), etc and until they've ruled everything out it's not what you fear.

Can you honestly say you haven't done something in your sleep? Your dentist may recognise signs you have, as mine did for my jaw pain.

And given the types of causes it's also possible that a dentist or GP may even biopsy to rule out as they can't be sure a patient hasn't forgotten or not realised something that could have caused it even after careful questioning. They may be more careful if they knew the patient was a long time smoker in middle age yet it could still turn out to be nothing due to bring unable to establish a root cause.

Oh, the thing that scares me the most is that I have no risk factors and some things say that people with no risk factors have a higher chance that it’s OC

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Plz help

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

I’m also scared because if you look up red patch in mouth everything says OC symptoms

Hi Bl4ze,

You are 13 years old, the statistics show that nobody, literally, gets oral cancer at that age. Why is this different to your previous fears...you were convinced then presumably and are convinced now?

So, you showed your parents, what did they think this red patch was, did they give you any idea?

I honestly think that your parents should take you to the doctor, but not for the red patch, I think that having so much health anxiety at such an early age is something that really needs dealing with now. Have they, or your gp suggested any help in the past ?

"some things say that people with no risk factors have a higher chance that it’s OC"

Well, that is just complete rubbish to be honest. If they are called risk factors, and scientific connections have been made, otherwise why would they be called risk factors???

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information