Thread: Heart concerns

Heart concerns

Hello everybody.

I was just wondering if anyone can relate or if anyone has any tips for putting minds at ease re: heart concerns.

Medical:
    I have pulmonary valve stenosis and a slightly enlarged pulmonary artery. It's been monitored and Docs aren't worried although they say there's a chance it might develop into something.

Testing received:
    Echocardiogram, numerous ECGs, blood tests, holter monitors, one stress test, and at least three trips to emergency in the past two months.

Symptoms:
    PVCs - runs of 10-20 that Docs still haven't caught on record
    Tachycardia when doing anything at all
    Breathlessness
    Exercise intolerance - even going up a flight of stairs
    Faster than normal resting heart rate (usually it's 70-75, but it's been consistently at 90+ and shoots well over 100 when I am standing)
    Chest pains

Worries:
    That something is wrong with my heart, or missed by doctors since they weren't able to catch the irregular heart beats. Also my exercise intolerance and irregularities with my heart have increased over the past year. It was gradual at first but now I am annoying my wife because I am afraid to even do housework.

My doctor prescribed Zoloft but I'm afraid to take it because I heard it can cause a fast or irregular heart rate.

It's gotten to the point where I analyze my heart a lot (a lot is an understatement --- it consumes my thoughts), and am afraid to go out because I don't want to feel winded or have something happen. Just in the span of writing this post I had three skipped beats.

Anyone have similar experiences or know how to decrease this anxiety?

Last edited by AndrewCanada; 26-01-18 at 15:49.

Re: Heart concerns

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for the heads-up. I'm hoping I can find some like-minded people on here to share experiences and coping mechanisms with. Been in a real rut the past month or two.

Hey Andrew

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about PVCs and hope all is well. If you ever feel like ranting or talking about these things feel free to PM

Cheers

Thank you for the offer.

It's just that my fears and mind are all over the place to the point where I think I'm dying from heart failure or sporadic fatal insomnia (my sleep has decreased over months to the point where I only can sleep a light 30 minutes maximum and I have lost the ability to nap during the day despite feeling very sleepy).

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Thread Information