Thread: pregablin increase advice please

pregablin increase advice please

Hi I am on a cocktail of medication

the most recent started may 2017

pregablin started at 25mg x 2 day
    then 50 mg x2 day
    now on 100 mg x2 day

I've been told I can increase to 150mg x2 per day however too anxious in case of rare side affects the one which I have a phobia of is hallucinations something I have never had and never ever want to have .

I have been told this is unlikely I'm not sure if it is dose related or if its just an adverse reaction . Anyway never had it before so9 don't want it

secondly when I started on the med it changed my life and as predicted I become on a Plato . I am unsure if this medication continues to work and its just that I've adapted to the better way of feeling or in fact it does only have a temporary affect and the body becomes immune to it . One thing I know for sure I will be on it for life ! My body is very sensitive to medication withdrawal even in small reduced doses as I have demonstrated with previous reduction in ssri very unpleasant .

One thing I see pointless is increasing my 100mg dose to 125 mg if it will work once and then not continue to produce a lasting affect . However I will then be hooked on a higher dose for life .I don't mind being on meds for life if they continue to work .

Further more I've read studies that say the effective prescribing dose for anxiety disorder is 300-400 plus dosage .

I haven't seen any long term studies on the long term benefits of pregablin have you ??

Re: pregablin increase advice please

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

no problem will I still get notifications ?

Hi Fretty Freda - The dose for pregabalin is what works for you. Some people respond quite well at a lower dose and don't need to increase. Others don't notice much until they get to a higher dose. The recommended therapeutic dose is one which a doctor can prescribe with a good chance of having an effect with the majority of patients. However, I notice from posts to NMP that many doctors are being more cautious, and starting quite low.

I've been taking pregabalin since 2010, and it hasn't stopped working for me. As for hallucinations, it's the first I've heard about them as a side effect, so I imagine they're quite rare.

Thankyou for your reply . Should I be afraid to increase by 25mg and just take it in between 100 am 100 mg pm ? Your on 600 arnt you

the great thing i have found about pregabalin is that dose increases have not caused the side effects other meds have. Theincreaseof 25mg is pretty small in scheme of things, i've just increasedmy dose by 150mg!

I have a phobia of developing psycosis or hallucinations I've never had it but always what if despite everyone saying very unlikely . Furthermore it may work for a day and stop then I'm addicted to a higher dose

Hi Fretty Freda - It seems like you have health anxiety related to taking new meds or changing dose levels that's not specifically related to pregabalin. I can give you reassurance about pregabalin, that it's not a drug that often stops working, that hallucinations are not normal side effects, and that 25 mg is the smallest possible change in dose you can make and less noticeable each time you increase the med (ie each increase should be less noticeable than the last one). However, as with all health anxiety, reassurance fades quickly as the anxiety returns, so you have to face up to that and deal with it. (Although pregabalin is licensed for generalized anxiety, it may also help relieve the anxiety of health anxiety).

Will it cause me any issues if I take my pregablin 2 /3 hours earlier in the evening I don't have problems sleeping and I have difficulty waking up in morning . I take 100mg morning and night . Does it have a half life of 6 hours if so why do I want it in my system while asleep as u can sleep .

Hi FrettyFreda - If your sleeping is not a problem, then there should be no problem taking the evening dose a little earlier. Doses should be roughly 12 hours apart to even out the half-life effect somewhat, but an hour or two either way may fit in better with your daily patterns.

Thread Information