Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cancer HA question

Any advice on blood test results PLEASE

My partner had blood test results that Came back with high creatinine levels and high urea levels, doctor wasn’t even going to let us know but it was just because I picked up a copy of the results that I knew they were high, after speaking with the same doctor on the phone he advised to get her to repeat the blood test at the end of this month. I’ve read online that those high levels can mean kidney disease or kidney failure both of which have to have a cause...her BP is fine and so is her glucose levels which is what kidney failure/kidney disease most likely Is caused by, the other things are something blocking the tubes so now I’m absoluely terrified she’s got a tumour somewhere blocking the tubes of her kidney or kidneys...she still is drinking more than normal but not as much as she was when I took her to the doctors in the first place. If she had some kind of cancer blocking her kidney would she have had symptoms of it do you think? I’m not asking for a diagnosis but just someone who has any knowledge on anything like this. My partner just says she’s feels fine and normal...I feel scared and alone

Re: Any advice on blood test results PLEASE

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there,

First of all a close family member of mine had kidney failure which they were in so much pain with, and their urine if I remember rightly had blood in it too as well as other things I won't go into as they are very vague but it was so obvious to all the doctors something was seriously wrong. Luckily they got through it and ended up being able to tell the tale. The reason I just mentioned this is to re-assure you that if it was kidney failure your partner would be very poorly and would feel really unwell in themselves too. It's not something that one can ignore even if they wanted to. These blood results could mean anything and I am not medically trained to interpret them but from my understanding creatinine is a waste product produced by the kidneys and when it is high this signifies there is an underlying condition that CAN be treated. If the doctor was that concerned they would be doing a lot of different things at this point so try not to worry. Your partner will be fine I'm sure and it's best that they have found this now before it might escalate. Everything will be okay

Peace and love

Thank you for replying. I keep googling online which I know doesn’t help anencephaly I’ve read it can be caused by kidney cancer or a tumour blocking part of the kidney so I’m really concerned about that. My partner says she feels fine though and healthy

Dr Google will tell you the worst case scenario first anyway which will make your fear go through the roof she isn't in any pain at all so that's a good sign my white blood cells are slightly raised when I had my full blood count done so I panicked but according to the doctor 40% of patient's have raised white blood cells and just may means that there's an infection somewhere so I can relate to your worry if kidneys are in harm they let you know my mum at 19 had kidney failiure she collapsed and fainted and woke up with horrific back pain and kidney pain she was screaming so I wouldn't worry but it's easier said than done ask her do for to send her for a scan to put your mind at ease
    Nat

It’s just because I don’t know what’s causing it that’s my main concern, I think I’m quite good at spotting symptoms and I’m worried she has cancer and it’s caused this

Your health anxiety will make you feel like this I'm like it with my husband he had a headache in October I rushed him to hospital only because he never has headaches and it turned out he had pulled a vein in his neck that goes to his head which was causing his severe headaches I know it turned out to be nothing but I can cope with that...have you lost anyone to cancer who you were very close to?...the reason I ask is because I lost my mum to cancer I'm petrified of it for me or my family that's when my health anxiety kicked in
    Nat

I lost my nan to cancer and then 6 months later my step dad died aged 49 from a massively heart attack. If I didn’t know the blood results were abnormal I probably wouldn’t be panicking x

creatinine and urea elevated, normal urine dipstick

Hi, as many of you know my partner had a blood test that’s showed elevated levels of creatinine and urea
    Creatinine 144 umol (36-91)
    Urea 8.3 (4.2-7.9)

She is scheduled for more blood tests but that hasn’t stopped my worrying.
    I work on health care and I dipsticked her urine as I have access to everything like that, her urine dipstick was completely normal- no blood,wbc,protein or anything like that. Does anyone know if there was something wrong with her kidneys or something like that then would a urine dipstick still be normal? I don’t want you all to diagnose or anything just some advice
    Ta x

Health anxiety towards partner HELP 😨

My partner had some blood tests done when she was feeling unwell before Christmas, doctor said they were normal but when I picked the test results up (I didn’t need to I guess it’s part of my anxiety) I noticed that a couple of the kidney function results were high (creatinine and urea) I spoke to then doctor who wasn’t overly concerned about it but said my partner could repeat them at the end of the month.
    Anyway now my question...my partner is adamant she feels fine, I mean she looks fine but I’m still constantly symptom watching for signs she may be sick but she’s adamant she’s healthy and is a compete gym bunny and is very fit, she doesn’t want to go for another blood test as she feels so well and doesn’t think she needs to...my health anxiety wants her to go and have more blood tests done but it’s getting to the point now that it’s beginning to ruin our relationship as I keep pressuring her. Any advice? Do I try and make her go or do I let her own body know what to do for the best and trust that she’s ok?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information