Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiral again - Breast Cancer

Spiral again - Breast Cancer

Hello again.

So for the past few days, maybe about a week, my boobs have been sore! Only on the side near the armpit. I was attempting to convince myself it was hormones (I have an imbalance and ovarian cysts but not full blown pcos apparently. my periods come whenever they feel like it. ) but i was checking them just now and i swear I felt a small, pea sized lump on my left breast, on the left side of it.

Of course, a wave of chilling fear came over me and I just nearly burst into tears. Maybe it's supposed to be there. I think i felt one on the right breast in the same area but not as prominent. And getting breast cancer at 18 is really rare.

I dont know. I've just been convinced for so long that im not going to live to see 20. Its so horrible. :(

Re: Spiral again - Breast Cancer

If they are sore and lumpy it isnt cancer. Most likely fibrocystic breasts which are non cancerous tumors or lumps that develop. They come and go with your cycle.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    If they are sore and lumpy it isnt cancer. Most likely fibrocystic breasts which are non cancerous tumors or lumps that develop. They come and go with your cycle.
    Yes indeed, I used to get this, now my daughters do. It's hormones and spikes in estrogen which is cyclic. It's possible it's a benign cyst (non cancerous).

Mention it to your Dr if it's there next time you go

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.
    Sorry. I think in my whirl of panic i posted it somewhere silly.

At 18 years old, a breast cancer diagnosis would be so so rare that your likelihood is almost negligible. I don't think you need to be dashing off to see anyone, as the cause will be most likely hormonal changes and changing breast tissue (breast tissue changes throughout your whole life). The most common diagnoses for women heading to breast clinics, even at a much older age is something benign, something like 80 percent of breast referrals find benign causes for the symptoms. My advice would be to monitor it, but not press and poke too regularly as that in itself can cause things to become inflammed (like every 3 or 4 weeks), and if you notice any changes then pop to the GP.

True about the fibrocystic breast thing, I have one in my left that I have been told will probs just be there for ever. Had a scan to check but that's what they said. Try not to panic but get it checked to put your mind at rest xx

Turns out it was just hormones as i've just started my period after just over a week of having breast pain and now the pain's gone away.

In other news, i'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow to sort out my anxiety. As recently it's made me really ill. Here's hoping i get this sorted out!

Turns out it was just hormones as i've just started my period after just over a week of having breast pain and now the pain's gone away.

In other news, i'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow to sort out my anxiety. As recently it's made me really ill. Here's hoping i get this sorted out!
    There we go ! Great news to hear you say the second part, you go girl !

And so I return.

I've been doing great for weeks, I finally made a doctors appointment and told her about my lymphoma worry, and she said I was fine. I was doing so well until...

My boobs got really itchy.

They've been rather itchy for the past week or so, particularly the left nipple/just above it. Idk if the right boob is itchy or if it's just my imagination.

According to this app I use my period's due but i've never had itchy boobs before.

And so what seeps into my head but Inflammatory Breast Cancer.

My boobs still look the same I think, they're just really itchy!

For my last two periods I got painful boobs a week before they arrived and I was worried bc the boob pain was new too, that's when my original BC fear popped up.

I don't want to be miserable again. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information