Thread: Anxiety about HIV scare

Anxiety about HIV scare

Hello, I’m new here and I️ am a 17 year old female and I️ have been suffering from anxiety , overthinking and stress for almost 2 years now . I’ve been good until I️ got into a situation about 2 months ago . Basically I️ was chilling with this guy who I️ got close to over the months and basically we engaged in kissing and he tried to have sex with me . Idk I️ was stupid and let him basically jus rub his private on my private but I️ did not let him have sex with me . yes of course he tried to enter me with a lot of pressure but he didn’t get inside me and if he did maybe it was the tip for like 5 seconds before I️ realized it but after that I️ told him no and we stopped period cuz I️ didn’t want to have sex with him . Anyways fast forward a month later. My friend told me that he gave hiv to his ex girlfriend .. and ever since I️ been freaked the hell out . Mind you a week after this happened I️ went to the doctor and had a STD screening done and come to find out he gave me Trichomoniasis. I️ didn’t ask for hiv test because this was before it was said that he had it . I️ read online that I’m not at risk cuz we didn’t have sex , but I️ also read that him trying to enter is considered penetration which is risk so it’s like Idk I’m so scared . I️ talk to my mom about it everyday and she tells me I️ don’t have nothing to worry about but it’s jus something in my head that tells me I️ could have got it , Idk I️ stress about it everyday , I’m scsred to go to the doctor , I️ can’t even go to the doctor right now cuz I’m having problems with them but my fear of a positive test result is jus scaring me so much even tho Mostly everybody says I️ wasn’t at risk , but jus cuz I️ was so close to it makes me so scared. I️ jus need advice . This is ruining my life thinking like this ..

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Also now I’m thinking I’ve contracted herpes, hpv etc. that’s skin to skin contact I’m driving myself crazy.. my lips and inside of my mouth are bleeding cuz I️ bite them non stop all day , my lips hurt so bad .. it’s jus a natural habit I️ noticed I’ve been doing lately , I️ never bite the skin on my lips , it’s jus horrible!

Re: Anxiety about HIV scare

Hi,

Do you know for certain that he gave HIV to his ex g/friend, can you find out if this is true? I understand you're anxiety even though you are at a low risk.

However, to put your mind at rest take an HIV test. If there is an Aids clinic you can have a free test and it is anonymous. The HIV Ag/Ab test only takes 20 minutes and is very accurate.

Take care x

ps. Anyone can get herpes, even from kissing someone, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Thread Information