Thread: Increased citalopram, is it right to feel so awful?

Increased citalopram, is it right to feel so awful?

I have been on 20mg of citalopram for around 2 years now but recently it doesn't seem to have been working so well. I spoke with my doctor who suggested increasing it to 30mg.

Well that was 2 weeks ago and I feel awful, cannot sleep, agitated and had my 1st experience of what I think was a migraine with aura..........i was sitting at my desk in work when gradually my eyes felt weird until there were white spots (like id be looking at the sun) all around my eyes, i couldn't focus and I felt weird, thay was about 4 hours ago and I have had a sore head for the last 3 hours.

My question is can all of this really be caused by the increase in citalopram or is something else wrong?

The more I wonder the worse I feel, i suffer terrible health anxiety at the best of times and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut at the moment.

Can someone please tell me it gets better........

Re: Increased citalopram, is it right to feel so awful?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Increased citalopram, is it right to feel so awful?

Quote Originally Posted by 95cwalker View Post
    I have been on 20mg of citalopram for around 2 years now but recently it doesn't seem to have been working so well. I spoke with my doctor who suggested increasing it to 30mg.

Well that was 2 weeks ago and I feel awful, cannot sleep, agitated and had my 1st experience of what I think was a migraine with aura..........i was sitting at my desk in work when gradually my eyes felt weird until there were white spots (like id be looking at the sun) all around my eyes, i couldn't focus and I felt weird, thay was about 4 hours ago and I have had a sore head for the last 3 hours.

My question is can all of this really be caused by the increase in citalopram or is something else wrong?

The more I wonder the worse I feel, i suffer terrible health anxiety at the best of times and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut at the moment.

Can someone please tell me it gets better........
    10mg change in dose can cause those problems you are experiencing - perhaps a bit too much serotonin for your chemical makeup. Can you try reducing the dose to 25mg and see if that'll reduce the side effects?

It does get better once you are at the right dose for your chemical makeup.

Thread Information