Thread: Bleeding for 2 years and 3 months

Bleeding for 2 years and 3 months

Hi,
    Okay so I have been bleeding non stop for the last 2 years and 3 months. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome but they don't understand why I am bleeding so much as that doesn't normally happen with POCS.
    I have tried all the contraception pills, the injection and now I have had the mirena coil.
    I had the mirena coil put in in November 2017 and was just wondering if someone could tell me how long it took for them to work if they have had bleeding problems?.
    Also since I've had it my cramps have been a lot worse. Has anyone else had that happen?

If anyone has any recommendations that could help I am all ears as if the coil doesn't work they said I might have to have a hysterectomy due to being really anaemic and I really don't want that as I would love kids in the future.

Re: Bleeding for 2 years and 3 months

Hey! I also had bleeding on and off for about a year. It would stop for a few days or a week (at most) and then restart again. It was really frustrating. I had a pelvic ultrasound done and all that was seen was a fibroid. My doctor didn’t attribute the bleeding to the fibroid. But I think it may have been the cause. My blood work was also normal. Because I was trying to conceive at the time, I decided to forgo the birth control pills my doctor was shoving at me and decided to try “vitex” instead. It’s an herbal remedy that helps to regulate menstrual cycles. I was skeptic all to take it at first, but I promise you it worked within a few days! I was amazed at how well it worked and I was able to conceive within a few months So definitely try vitex! My doc didn’t know about it, but I did a lot of research online and it Picked it up from a local natural supplements store. Do your research before trying it. From what I remember there are no known side effects either, but do double check!

Re: Bleeding for 2 years and 3 months

Hi,
    Thanks for this I will research and give it a try.
    Bleeding constantly everyday is so annoying and horrible.
    Thanks for replying

Thread Information