Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45 Mirtazapine and 150mg Quetiamine but only get some relief in evening.

45 Mirtazapine and 150mg Quetiamine but only get some relief in evening.

I've been on the above since late December - gradually stepping up from 15Mirt to 30 to and on 45mg since 23rd January. I have been feeling steadily worse and sleeping is not as good. My anxiety level is sky high and my blood pressure and heart rate is higher than it should be.

I take my meds at night and the anxiety kicks in within 30 minutes of waking up. By the evening I feel a lot better. Does this happen to anyone else? I am wondering if I feel better when the meds are beginning to wear off or is this just coincidence.

I have a job interview on Monday and it's a part time job I really want and normally I would be very excited but I am terrified. I see the psychiatrist on Friday but I don't know how long I can cope with this. I am suicidal.

Re: 45 Mirtazapine and 150mg Quetiamine but only get some relief in evening.

Hi mate I think I have spoke to you before.. I’m on the same combo as you and have been since 2016... it can work and you have room for an increase in the quetiapine... I take 150mg seroquel AM, then mirtazapine and 200mg seroquel PM. If you look factually. You have only been on your meds for max 6 weeks? With doses changing.... so have you been stable on a dose for 4-6 weeks! As always changing will send your CNS system crazy. Here to chat mate if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Benjamin. We have spoken and it's kind of you to reply. I am finding this really tough because I've never had anxiety before (only depression) so I don't have any tools to deal with it. You think I should stick with the 45mg Mirtazapine at least until I see the doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Greycylinder View Post
    Thank you Benjamin. We have spoken and it's kind of you to reply. I am finding this really tough because I've never had anxiety before (only depression) so I don't have any tools to deal with it. You think I should stick with the 45mg Mirtazapine at least until I see the doctor?

Yeah mate don’t change up and down. Anxiety is the flipside of the same coin as depression. They both feed off each other and it is awful. Are you in therapy? Or got a therapist lined up? Meds will not get rid of anxiety, anxiety is a normal emotion which at some level can keep us safe and make us perform but I understand when anxiety gets excessive and hard to live with mate - I’m there too! Stay put and see if dr could give you a benzo or a strong antihistamine to relax you whilst the others work. (Vistaril, phenergan or diazepam )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will stick with it until I see the doctor. I live for the evenings when I can relax and enjoy TV and talking to my family. I will ask about diazepam. Hope you're doing OK too. 🙋

How’s things greycylinder? How r u feeling lately?

Hi there. Yes, a bit better I think. They've upped the Quetiapine to 200mg from 150 and the doctor today suggested I take 50mg Sertraline as well in the morning. I am concerned about adding in yet another drug especially as I am feeling that I am recovering a bit. Have they ever prescribed Sertraline for you too?

Hi Mate, yeah I have tried sertraline it sent my anxiety off the Richter scale!! But I am no good with ssri’s. Why does doctor want to add a third drug? Why don’t you go for venlafaxine and mirt? Alongside quetiapine.... or even better if you feel better don’t take anything else and give these ones time to work?

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Hi Mate, yeah I have tried sertraline it sent my anxiety off the Richter scale!! But I am no good with ssri’s. Why does doctor want to add a third drug? Why don’t you go for venlafaxine and mirt? Alongside quetiapine.... or even better if you feel better don’t take anything else and give these ones time to work?

I am worried about the Sertraline too so for now I am going to hold off taking it. I did try it once before and it didn't work for me then. My GP was also a bit surprised that the psychiatrist had prescribed it. I hate the fact that I am full of so many drugs.

Hi Grey,

I found the Mirt only helped with anxiety for a brief time and only to a degree. I ended up on it after having a hard time on sertralline. Eventually I went on venlafaxine an am feeling really well now. Often Venlafaxine is combined with Mirt and seems to have good results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information