Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone ever tried Stelazine or trifluoperazine

anyone ever tried Stelazine or trifluoperazine

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has ever tried the above. Was it successful and what are the side effects like?

Im starting on 1mg twice a day but am really scared to take it.

many thanks
    Liz xx

Re: anyone ever tried Stelazine or trifluoperazine

Liz

Not heard of it - have you tried a search on here for posts?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

yes I have, but Ive been googling and scaring myself silly. I was hoping someone could maybe pm me as I hate taking any meds and always think the worst side effect will happen to me.

By the way, this med is an anti psychotic, which, again, has made me very desperate to get in contact with someone. My Doc wants me to take this as well as my sertraline. Ive read that stelazine is a last resort for people when anti depressants dont work!!

Thank for replying and take care - Liz xx

I took Stelazine years and years ago when I was about 16. I can't remember why I was given them or for how long, but I'm sure I had no adverse side effects as I know I would definately remember if I had.

I have been on trifluoperazine for 10 months at 2mg twice a day. I found this to be a godsend as nothing else had worked. I could barely get out till i started taking it. People are no longer a trigger for me,i still get a little anxious but it can be easily controlled.

I have had no side effects whilst taking it. I have finally found a med that actually works for me.

prism

hi
    A friend of mine is coming off Stelazine at the moment, and is having terrible side effects. Pins and needles in her head, and high anxiety. Are you still on these tabs? If not did you have any side effects?

Thanks Jenny xxx

Sorry I mean when you come off the tabs. She was find raking them.

Jenny xxx

Hi Jenny,
    i'm still taking them although i have found that for me there is a side effect that started after 15 months of taking them.I used to be a deep thinker ( the universe, meaning of life, etc ) but i find that can't do it anymore( if you know what i mean ) .
    I miss it but i prefer to be stable.
    I have no intention of coming off it yet.
    How long and what dose was your friend on? if you don't mind me asking

prism

hi lizzie, im the same as lynn - i was prescribed stelazine about 13-14 years ago, and i took them briefly. i can remember having no adverse effects on then but i can also remember them not actually helping me either!!!!

i may be wrong but i think ive read they are an anti-pshycotic, but these meds are used for other things as well like high anxiety so i wouldnt be alarmed. also i have rarely heard anybody talking about stelazine on here?

i would say ask your doctor what they are and why (i mean what specifically have you been given them for, when you take into account that they can be used for different things) you have been given them, and most importantly you can ask what side-effects to expect and what you should look for in order to discontinue. hope this helps emma

hi ive just gone back and read your second post (sorry i missed that one )where you have said you know they are an anti-pshycotic. also you have said you have read they are given as a last resort - not in my case - i was actually given these BEFORE i was even tried on an anti-depressant, so i dont think that info is correct.

also i was not phsycotic in any way shape or form, and i think they are also given as a mild anti-anxiety drug - like i say these meds can be used for various problems. ive heard of people being given an anti-epilepsy drug for our issues, so you have to really get the full picture about a drug first and i would say your doctor or pharmacist will know enough about these drugs to put your mind at rest. emma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information