Thread: Recovering from noro

Cool Recovering from noro

Hi everyone! So I just had a bout of noro about 52 hours ago, and I just wanted to tell everyone that it is not as bad as it seems. I am a lifelong emetophobic, and the thought of throwing up has crippled me for most of my life. So much recently that I have stopped going out and socializing all together and almost have quit my job.

In a way, getting noro was a blessing because it made me realize how over-reactive we can be when it comes to v*. And not to mention, we emetophobs have iron stomachs and contract the virus less than the normal person! I've also had it way worse before, and this time around I literally talked myself down from actually v* with breathing techniques and ginger. All in all it happened 3 times along with more coming out the other end.. SORRY TMI, but I know some of us would rather have that then the latter.

Honestly, it is almost a relief as I know that I won't to have worry about this for some time now. My anxiety has already been alleviated and I feel like I can return to my natural life. Also, I just have to say that I wasn't in close proximity to anyone that had been experiencing symptoms that I know of. However, I did have about 20 people (strangers) in my home looking at furniture for sale without cleaning up after them (wiping down surfaces) and I am almost certain that was where I got it.

Just giving my little bit of insight and please feel free to ask me any questions!!

Re: Recovering from noro

Life long emetophobe here too...and today I heard it's going around again as it usually does in the winter. Whenever I hear of a case, anxiety and fear turn me into a zombie. And that's where I'm at today, which is why I was able to read your post. Let me say your post is somehow comforting. Knowing that a fellow emetophobe can go through it and come out feeling empowered is indeed heartening! Here's to many more years without another episode!

Thread Information