Hi all,

I wasn’t sure where to put this post or whether to bother even posting but I think it may help someone out there who feels just like me. Firstly, I’m 17 years old and have had a fear of death for a number of years now. I am so convinced I’m about to kick the bucket at any minute though I have no (not to my knowledge anyway) predisposing factors that would mean I have a shorter life span. Except being a little overweight which I’m trying to eliminate through exercise and healthy heating etc. But of course we all can be taken at any moment. This used to scare me like hell. But now, I’ve made peace with it (or so I think). Because I’ve realised that I have achieved so much, had so many blessings and before I was only looking at the negatives. If tonight I went I would be happy and grateful that I was given so much in such a short time. I am experiencing very real symptoms but guess what? I am so used to them now that they aren’t scaring me anymore.

I’m not sure exactly how this has happened, but last week one of my big big dreams came true and I am so so grateful I was able to accomplish it at this age. We can all live our lives happy if we let go of our fear of death. That is the root of HA I believe. And the way to do that varies from person to person of course. For me it was acceptance that one day, it will happen. That is what is certain. But it is certain for all of us. We’re going to be okay, I promise. I hope if you’re reading this that you have had a great day. Sorry if this sounds weird but tonight I’ve finally made peace with the inevitable, and that, for me is a huge step forward in the right direction.