Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY doctor's Retired !!!

Re: MY doctor's Retired !!!

nanny keep up good work hun and im sure when you do get to see the new doc he/she be brill
    bellxx

Hi Everyone just an update as promised.

Well i have actually seen and met my new Doctor, why did i worry??
    he is really nice, understanding and explained a lot to me that my old doctor never about my condition.
    The first thing he said was "i have read your records and i bet you are worried about me taking you off Diazepam" "well i'm blowed" i thought, after all that WAS the worry wasn't it? thats what started this thread.
    He assured me he would NEVER do that, only when i'm ready to be weaned off a little more will he do it. He said it could take years to cut them down and the last tablet a day will be the hardest of all.

I have also been looking and looking for work, had interviews, offered jobs, accepted only to have them fall flat on their faces, the last 2 i hadn't even started!! That all added up to more stress, worry and anxiety.
    He has now said he will not even sign me off for work unless i only look for 15 hours work a week to wean myself in properly, he then went on to describe how this anxiety is affecting my body. (i only found out how bad it was when after being on incapacity for months i was called for a medical, i was on there initially for my back but they have me off now for "moderately severe mental health illness affecting everyday life" that knocked me for 6 ) he said usually people will only worry or get into a state of high anxiety when taking exams or say thier driving test or things of that kind, imagine how your body feels when under those circumstances, thats what my body is like all the time he said. Of course THAT started me worrying coz i thought " B*** hell now i'll give myself a heart attack" it never stops does it?

Anyway i won't go on, suffice to say you were all right and i WAS worrying about nothing as far as having a new doc was concerned.
    But thanks for being there for me when i needed you all.

Hi Nanny, so pleased that you are getting along well with your new GP. Sounds like he is very understanding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information