Thread: High Cholesterol and Triglycerides...terrified

High Cholesterol and Triglycerides...terrified

Hey guys,

So a few days ago I had blood work done as part of a yearly physical and the results are freaking me out. I am a 29 yo male, slightly overweight (11 kg) to be exact, and fairly active, although I have been sedentary over the last 3-4 months.

Cholesterol is at 238 and Triglycerides is at 521

Also, the results show “Cloudy Sample” in red...

Now I am paranoid that I am going to drop dead any minute from a heart attack!

I am working on my diet and excercise as of now... is it too late? Im afraid i will develop heart/artery problems from this episode long term.

Can someone help me bring rational thoughts to my head? How concernd should I be? I need help with this one. Thank you

Rey

Re: High Cholesterol and Triglycerides...terrified

Was your doctor concerned about these results? Did he work on a plan with you to bring these numbers and measurements into line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryan0987 View Post
    Was your doctor concerned about these results? Did he work on a plan with you to bring these numbers and measurements into line?

She said they were way above normal, really high, and told me to lose 10 kg, improve my diet and to start light physical activity asap. Also, i am having more blood work tomorrow to check on my liver, as she mentioned Theres a slight possibility that I could have fatty liver or something like that...

Rey

Although the measurements are high, you are still young so if you make lifestyle changes you should be alright. There has been many documented cases where lifestyle changes dramatically improved someone’s cardiovascular health. So, no, it’s not too late.

Communicate with your doctor, and maybe look into a dietitian to help with your diet. Maybe look into personal training if your not motivated to go to the gym. Also let them know your concern and together they can form your support network. Also try some breathing exercises to de-stress.

Do you have a stressful job?

Although the measurements are high, you are still young so if you make lifestyle changes you should be alright. There has been many documented cases where lifestyle changes dramatically improved someone’s cardiovascular health. So, no, it’s not too late.

Communicate with your doctor, and maybe look into a dietitian to help with your diet. Maybe look into personal training if your not motivated to go to the gym. Also let them know your concern and together they can form your support network. Also try some breathing exercises to de-stress.

Do you have a stressful job?

Thanks for your reply!

I do try to go to the gym regularly although I havent done so in 3 months.

The weather where I live doesnt help neither.

I dont really have a stressful job, but I have been quite stressed out lately due to other factors, just life in general.

Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

I do try to go to the gym regularly although I havent done so in 3 months.

The weather where I live doesnt help neither.

I dont really have a stressful job, but I have been quite stressed out lately due to other factors, just life in general.

Rey

Try to get back to the gym - take it slow but steady. Also try some relaxation techniques to bring your cortisol level down. With some work I am sure you’ll be alright in no time. Cheers!

Try to get back to the gym - take it slow but steady. Also try some relaxation techniques to bring your cortisol level down. With some work I am sure you’ll be alright in no time. Cheers!

Thanks Ryan!

Will do!

Rey

Been there done that. I didn't heed all the advice and continued on a path that took me where I am today health wise. Your doctor gave you the best advice possible. Consider yourself fortunate in that you are in total and complete control of your destiny. Heed that advice.

You now have the opportunity to make positive lifestyle changes that will totally solve the problem. If you don't, I can assure you it will come back to bite you in the rear. Ball is in your court!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Been there done that. I didn't heed all the advice and continued on a path that took me where I am today health wise. Your doctor gave you the best advice possible. Consider yourself fortunate in that you are in total and complete control of your destiny. Heed that advice.

You now have the opportunity to make positive lifestyle changes that will totally solve the problem. If you don't, I can assure you it will come back to bite you in the rear. Ball is in your court!

Positive thoughts
    Thank you Fishmanpa! I will do whatever is in my power to solve this asap. Cheers!

Rey

Thread Information