Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol

Alcohol

Hiya all
    Feeling like i need a rant.lol
    I have been tring to cut down on alcohol for about the last 3 years and i just can not seem to do it.
    Im fine during the day but when evning comes its all i can think about. Having a meal without wine just isnt the same. I dont leave the house so sitting down to a nice glass of wine is soooooooooooooooo nice.
    Promblem for me is it doesnt stop at one
    I end up drinking way too much every night. I know it will only make me feel worse, feeling like a falier for not being able to control it, worried that i am causing damage to my body, and just feeling really lousy about it.
    Perhaps i need to fine something else i enjoy to do in the evnings
    I really need to get this under control as i know i will feel alot better if i can stop drinking.
    Sorry for ranting. I need a big kick up the bum from you guys
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

Re: Alcohol

Hi I think maybe you do need to occupy yourself in the evenings if this is when your drinking the most.Have you tried support such as AA

I'm the same except at the moment I feel ill (ill as in had chest pains and

panic last week after too much alcohol so have given up again in worry) I

know as soon as I feel better again I will want a drink or five.

Maybe you could make a plan to cut down, so that you do it gradually. i have had to give up cos of the meds i am on. But i was reading a book about planning changes in your life. Maybe week 1 decide how much you are going to drink eg 3 glasses, week 2&3 2 glasses etc etc. Wine is Ok as long as you dont over do it. I would even go to the extremem of deinking what I should and tipping the rest down the sink so that i cant drink it. Alcahol is a depressant and ends up making you feeel worse. There is a danger that you are becoming dependednt on alcahol,and believe me YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE! I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!

If it's wine you like then I going to make a suggestion close to heresy and may be taken outside the chatroom and beaten up for it ..... but could you add something to thin it down like soda water or cough.. lemonade!!

I'm just thinking if at first you keep the overall amount the same but a percentage is now a mixer then you will be cutting down in a less painful manner - abit of wine is very good for you anyway so I doubt you would need to cut it out completely.

I'm just visualising my ex and my father if they heard this suggestion and it aint priddy!!!

Piglet

its hard to give it up i know but i did 14 yrs ago still have cravings not as bad but latly more so its because of the mood ive been in.but thank god i havent broke down....maybe like ya said try a hobby...get a support system AA a sponser that you can talk with.i wish you all the best...Linda

Hi Blackie

I have just this problem but I have had to cut down owing to pancreitis

My two tips are as Piglet suggested water it down wine soda water and ice is nice and a bottle of wine goes twice as far and its adding to your water intake daily secondly try and make it later and later in the evening till you have a drink this works well

Im just like you fine all day but come the evening I could kill for a drink

Try these suggestions they work

Luv Kaz x x x

maybe try cutting down abit. i have a 19year old daughtor who likes a drink she liked it so much she was admitted to hospital only last week as she was vomiting all the time and couldent keep knothink down she had to have blood tests and they came back she had problems with her liver they were quite shocked at such a young age shes promised she wouldent drink when she comes home i just hope this has scared her you dont realise the damage it can do i lost my nephew due to alcohol he was 23 anyway im babbelig on just try and cut it down abit

Hiya
    Thanks for all your replies.
    lmao piglet. lemonade and wine. lol. Actually there is a wine called lambrusco. Its 3 units per entire bottle and it does taste nice.

miss motown: im really sorry to hear about your daughter and nephew. I hope your daughter will make a full recovery.

Linda and yorkylover, it would be nice to have something to do in the evnings. But as i find it impossiable to go out and life in a village there really isnt much to do outside the home.
    kazzie, yeah drinking later in the evning is a good way not to overdo the alcohol. Im fine during the day anyway, so thats not a promblem but i have started drinking about an hour later.
    Northan sky, i found i got chest pains after drinking alot. Apperently it was because i was tense that the musles round my heart were all wound up. Still doest feel nice though. hope you can quit hun.
    Thanks bearcrazy, no, i really dont want to get dependant on alcohol. I use to use it to get into collage when i was there. Now i wont go out under the influence of alcohol. It just masks the panic.

I think what i will try is drinking with dinner and then afterwards stop and move onto something else. Also will need to try and find something to keep me occupied in the eavnings. Also i have got some hot choc which i only have as a treat. I could have that before bed.
    Thanks again guys for all your help. Take care
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Hiya
    Thanks for all your replies.
    lmao piglet. lemonade and wine. lol. Actually there is a wine called lambrusco. Its 3 units per entire bottle and it does taste nice.
    When I was a much younger Piglet and carefree I used to get quite off my face on Lambrusco!! Thankfully I learnt the error of my ways and now stick to water, so I am an extremely cheap date too!!

Love Piglet

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information