Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The end of the story - sexual function

Re: The end of the story - sexual function

Hi,
    I found that wellbutrin/zyban gave me my sexual desire back... in the UK it's licenses for stopping smoking but in the US it's used as a an appetite suppressant and an antidepressant. Depending on your psych you mate get it prescribed or not. I did at 150mg modified release.

Cheers

benjammin69 - cheers I will check it out online.

Hanshan - I agree completely with all you say. It's a Uk regulated service the website. I was stunned when I found it after a single search.

Hi Max_Dose - How are you going? I'd like to know more of your story.

HI, Doing grand,

600MG per day! Running three times a week and going for a sub 50 min 10k prior to a big birthday. I think the pregabalin masks the sore knee, back, leg pain etc.

Partner asked last night if I was up for anything.....But I had taken my night 300MG tablet and of course had taken some other meds during the day so it would have never worked lol. But we discussed the issues and had a compromise. All is well. I know what I have to do in the future - a bit of planning ahead,

I'm always curious who reads these types of forums, would worry that my GP would know who I was and make a connection while researching pregabalin lol. Why would they? Millions of folks on forums, taking this med but that's the anxiety and thinking "of the worst possible outcome" that these meds are there to help.

I hope everyone else on pregabalin gets some sort of success. I had fluoxetine for many years, terrible to come off and settled on pregabalin as I heard about if from a mental health nurse and asked my GP about it who had no idea it could be used for GAD ( Previous GP).

Hope it works out for everyone, and helps stop the worry.

Hi Max_Dose - Great to get an update from you.

I think one reason pregabalin is slow to percolate through GPs in the UK is that the UK and Ireland are the only English-speaking countries to have licensed pregabalin for anxiety - in other English-speaking countries it is still "off-label" for anxiety. This means that there is not a welter of research and advertising coming concerning pregabalin and anxiety from over the Atlantic into the in-boxes of UK GPs.

Who reads these posts? Apart from those who actually post, there are "lurkers", who read but don't post, and those who drop in for a while because they want some information. All are welcome!

But back to more down to it issues (if I can say that) - I know sex is the absolute best when it's a spontaneous eruption, but with these meds some planning may not go amiss, ie you delay taking any codeine and pregabalin on a day when you know you will have sex until afterwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information