Thread: Hi peeps!

Hi peeps!

Hello to all out there, and my sympathies to all who are dealing with the various forms of anxiety.

I have suffered all my life with anxiety and depression, and particularly about my health. I was on antidepressants from being around 18 to 20 years old, and took myself off them once I felt I didn't need them.

Over the years I have had many episodes of panic, always health issues, and bouts of mild depression. I have gone as far as being prescribed Amitriptyline but never taken it, until recently.

My worst nightmare came true last year in April when I was diagnosed with MS, which led me to the depths of despair. I thought my life was over. The thing is, I didn't deal with it well because I was mentally unfit. I had been showing signs of A/D for some time beforehand, worrying about the cause of my pins and needles and numb sensation in my left arm and leg.

Since then the feeling in my arm and leg subsided, but I was plagued with twitching in various places on my face, and my left hand being shaky. I was told these are not MS symptoms, merely anxiety issues.

I got good news in November when my neurologist told me that I DON'T have MS, as I'm not relapsing. You can have isolated incidents when you get nerve damage but it's not progressive. Great news!

But then I came away wondering if I had something else...?

Just before Xmas I blacked out and came round with a heart rate 140-170bpm, and was rushed into A&E, with erratic beats. I've seen the cardio and he discussed invasive surgery, or Beta Blockers. Obviously I've gone for Beta Blockers!!

I started Citalopram on the 2nd at 10mg, and I'm having a bit of a tough time right now with the sides, but feeling hopeful.

To anyone still awake right now after reading all this, thank you first of all
    and most importantly, if anyone else is going through the same and wants to chat well please do, it should do us both some good!

TTFN

Jase

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Jay Dee and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi peeps!

Hi Jay Dee
    Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with the side effects. I hope this eases soon for you. Glad to see that you are feeling hopeful.
    I am going through side effects myself at the moment and trying to keep busy. It's a balancing act between pushing myself to do things to distract me and taking care of myself when it all feels too much. Hope you find the forum helpful. There is a lot of great advice on this site.

Re: Hi peeps!

Thanks - feeling so much better this morning, and all day long!
    I'm feeling very positive, but I'm sure this forum will be a help on the long road ahead!

Thread Information