Thread: And now....calf twitches! ALS fear won’t end.

And now....calf twitches! ALS fear won’t end.

Ok this all started with yawning frequency! I came across a article that said this was sometimes a sign of bulbar ALS. At that same time, I had remembered that 2 days in a row I had coughing with thin liquids.

Now fast forward 4-6 weeks....

I am no longer having the frequent yawning, but I continue to have at 3-4 “choking with water” episodes a week. No issues with food, except for feeling it stuck occasionally. In the back of my mind I keep thinking bulbar, bulbar, bulbar. And then today.....TWITCHING in my right calf. I can’t see it or feel it from the outside and maybe twitching isn’t the right word. It feels like a tightening in one spot that rhythmically tightens and releases. It’s been happening since around lunch time today, so roughly 8 hrs. It’s not constant, but it happens maybe like 30-40 times an hour. It doesn’t hurt. Of course I’m freaking out! I read that with BFS, the twitch stops with muscle use. However using the muscle has no affect on this. That has me very very nervous!! What is going on?!?

Re: And now....calf twitches! ALS fear won’t end.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...56#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin.

Can posters please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Thread Information