Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabies fear after 1 and half Years

Re: Rabies fear after 1 and half Years

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    FMP, explain this.......everyone who has posted about the brain eating amoeba is from the US. Has it been in the news there or something ?
    It's an incredibly rare disease caused by an amoeba that can sometimes reside in warm stagnant water in the southern US. There have been less than 150 cases since 1962. Think about that... [I]less than 150 cases in the last 56 years! There was a case of a person in the flooded areas of Houston TX. that died from it last September.

The odds are the same as rabies where there are 1-3 (out of 300 Million+) reported annually (and some of those were contracted outside the US in third world countries) Frankly, the way these posts describe their exposure makes it a complete and utter fantasy.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So, basically the risk is higher of having a piece of meteor land on your greenhouse whilst you are potting up herbs? Seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    So, basically the risk is higher of having a piece of meteor land on your greenhouse whilst you are potting up herbs? Seems that way.
    You probably have a better chance of getting hit by a piece of meteor!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No, my news says there is a tequila shortage. That will cause the death of some of us...

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    No, it has not been in the news. The news is too busy predicting our death by flu.

Quote Originally Posted by NervUs View Post
    No, it has not been in the news. The news is too busy predicting our death by flu.

Trump will be getting jealous that he isn't the number one risk, he does love any publicity!

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    No, my news says there is a tequila shortage. That will cause the death of some of us...
    Sounds like potential discrimination from immigration policy...if being stereotypical for a moment (a tea shortage over here would male us turn feral )

Lol you know, I never believed the stereotype about tea and Britain until I went there. I cannot say I understand the fascination. Coffee on the other hand....

Thanks guys. I was fine till I read about the longer incubation periods of the virus and it started me thinking about past incidents where I may have been infected. One thing led to another and now I can't keep the thought aside. However, thank you for your replies. I shall now rest this incident in peace and move on.Thanks again

I shall now rest this incident in peace and move on.
    I really think that is what you need to do.

I am taking a dose of three rabies vaccination following a dog scratch. Today, the 7th day is scheduled for the second vaccine, today I was scratched by another dog. Should I restart the vaccination or continue with it?
    Copying this across from the other thread you just started, which is now closed:

Well, this makes no sense at all. You started a thread on the 10th, only a few days ago about a dog that had NOT bitten you 1 1/2 years ago and should you have the vaccine?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...51#post1764951

Then yesterday, you said you were putting it out of your mind after all our replies.

Today, with this post on 12th, you are on the second dose of a vaccine for rabies and it is day 7 ? You are having these vaccines as a dog scratched you a few days ago, and ALSO another one scratched you today.

IF you are having the vaccine, who is giving them to you for dog scratches? and why didn't you mention them in your previous thread ?

Whats really going on Anku? ;o)
    Last edited by Carys; 12-02-18 at 15:20.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information